Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Issue with Upright Force cabinet  (Read 2324 times)

nipsmg

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 11:56:47 am
  • ROONEY!! ERRGH!!
    • Arcadia
Issue with Upright Force cabinet
« on: February 25, 2020, 01:02:49 pm »
I've got a megatouch force in an upright cabinet. 

The cabinet used to work, then I think the processor died.  I bought a replacement and replaced it, but now I'm having a power issue.  When I turn on the cabinet i get a red light on the motherboard, so it's getting power, but I get no fans, no spin-up, no beeps, nothing. 

There's a black cord that has to do with power that connects between the motherboard and the IO board.  There's a small 2 pin connector hanging off of it that isn't connected to anything... but i'm not sure if it ever was:

Connector on motherboard:

On I/O Board and small connector not attached:

Any ideas what might be the issue? Is that small white 2 pin connector supposed to be connected somewhere I missed?  Other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:48:34 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: Issue with Upright Force cabinet
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2020, 02:36:07 pm »
you need to jump start it to power it on.

the CMOS(BIOS) battery has died and the normal setting is to "on AC restore"  is to power on..but if the battery dies, it' wont anymore. replace the battery (CR2032)

it's sounds dirty but, hook up a keyboard... and remove the connector block next to the green light (the one with like 10 positions but only 2 wires inserted.) and run a screwdriver along the outside edge row of the pins. one of them is the power switch. (i can never remember so i just zip a screwdriver along the row) this will power on the board. press delete to enter the bios and reset all the options to default...and the board should power on on it's own again.

nipsmg

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 11:56:47 am
  • ROONEY!! ERRGH!!
    • Arcadia
Re: Issue with Upright Force cabinet
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2020, 12:18:02 pm »
yeah I did that, no dice :(

I had that same issue with another board, so that was my first thought.  Shorting the power pins doesn't result in it turning on.