Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: My Bucket List  (Read 8371 times)

abispac

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 01:01:09 pm
My Bucket List
« on: November 15, 2021, 08:57:57 pm »
So this is not like a regular project topic, its more like a personal thing im going to do. And in order to make it public somehow, i chose BYOAC forums so perhaps someone else gets inspired. Seing alot of people gone this year, made me realise we can go pretty mch anytime. So before i kick the bucket, i would love to create a list of projects i would like to build. Lately i  had an idea of building , mini arcades of the games i really use to love, the idea is to use 14inch crt monitors, and a pc with groovymame and emudrivers, i would love to use fpga hardware but im not very familiar with that stuff at the moment. So ill be modifiyng this and the list as i please. So my first projecthas to be, Circus Charlie. I have to admit it, Circus charlie has a special place in my Heart. I use to play it and fell a special thing inside me. the music and the levels are so nice. I had a hard time finishing all levels once you finish the what? 5 or 6 times for the same level? Anyway, heres mi list.

Mini Circus Charlie.  (bartop wall mounted type with crt and a pc running emudrivers with groovymame)
Mini Pacman
Mini Ms Pacman
Mini Mikie
Mini Sinistar
Mini Robotron

Mini Gaplus
Mini Kung Fu master
Mini Kicker
Mini Yiear Kung Fu
Mini Mr Do
Mini popeye
mini punch out
A vpx pinball machine, for me...
More to be added.

So if anyone cares on a cheap way to make a single  game with fpga that outputs 15khz, i would apreciated that.
Thanks for reaindg and stay tuned. Construction should begin In a week or two.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2023, 12:05:24 pm by abispac »

Nephasth

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 11, 2024, 11:02:52 pm
  • Bitches love Centipede
Re: My Bucket List
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2021, 12:07:48 am »
Construction should begin In a week or two.

Famous last words... Build well... :cheers:
%Bartop

javeryh

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 10:28:40 am
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2021, 06:15:47 am »
This might be the most ambitious post I’ve ever seen on this forum.  I like mini-cabinets if they are modeled after the originals.  This would be very cool if it happens - I hope you follow through!  Good luck.  :cheers:

abispac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2021, 09:40:07 am »
This might be the most ambitious post I’ve ever seen on this forum.  I like mini-cabinets if they are modeled after the originals.  This would be very cool if it happens - I hope you follow through!  Good luck.  :cheers:
I will, thanks.

abispac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2021, 09:41:59 am »
Construction should begin In a week or two.

Famous last words... Build well... :cheers:
The hardest part is to get the small monitors,i got 2 allready,so all should be good.

abispac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2021, 11:22:30 pm »
So the hardest part would be getting 13/14 inch crt monitors, so i found out some tvs are easy to rgb mod and use them as arcade monitors. So that being said, i just found me a samsung tv 14 inch just like the one the 8bit guy moded for rgb, so it was just simply following his video instructions, andddddd i got me a circus charlie monitor, YES... i need to find me a remote control to fix the horizontal width but judging for the image i might keep it like that, its not much that is missing, so tomorrow ill start drawing the cab plans based on the monitor size and i will see how i get from there. I love the bright colors and crisp picture, camera dont look good but in person looks awsome...

« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 11:24:01 pm by abispac »

abispac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2021, 11:50:02 pm »
So i got my side template, time to print it out and test if it would be a good size.

abispac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2021, 11:08:33 pm »
Almost done with the munsters pinball

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 03:47:56 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2021, 12:02:17 am »
Why is everything flipped backwards?  Do you live in Australia?

bobbyb13

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:03:17 am
  • I believe I may need an intervention
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2021, 01:40:30 am »
You must have a generous person funding this arcade you are constructing.
Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools! I can fix it.

Zebidee

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 07:31:45 pm
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2021, 03:21:48 am »
Why is everything flipped backwards?  Do you live in Australia?

He just needs to flip the horizontal yokes and he'll be good  :laugh2:
Check out my completed projects!

abispac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2022, 12:58:11 am »
So far not a single of my bucket list arcades were made, but hey, im making a mini vigolix for a friend of mine, and with the profits, im gonna start my first one. I have a 13 inch rgb moded crt tv that i will use, and i think ima start with a mini multigame, as i really think its gonna be hard to make them all. That dont mean im gonna give up, but ill start with a multi game or maybe circus charlie would be, who knows, time will tell, first i have to finish this vigolix mini, that had a kof vs street fighter theme. i5 9th gen pc with m2 drive 8gb of ram, intel graphics that to my amaze, it handles mame and consoles very well. ill post more pictures when finished...

Greenman

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 16, 2023, 03:59:00 am
  • Made in Australia
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2022, 02:56:28 am »
Great stuff. I will watch with interest.  I am doing a similar thing.  Any machine bigger than a cabaret will be sized down.  I'd love a wall of them.

Looking forward to the build thread.
My previous projects:

abispac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2022, 12:42:50 am »
90% done, I screw up on the bezel, should be fixed tomorrow...

Zeosstud

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 04:16:28 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2022, 04:56:10 pm »
I see you think you may start with a mini multigame.. Have you considered a Mistercade as the source for the games? I recently got mine working with a 19" CRT mounted vertically and am really enjoying it. Not 100% sure on the status of all the games you listed, but it might be worth looking into.

Best of Luck with your List!!

abispac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2022, 01:39:05 am »
I see you think you may start with a mini multigame.. Have you considered a Mistercade as the source for the games? I recently got mine working with a 19" CRT mounted vertically and am really enjoying it. Not 100% sure on the status of all the games you listed, but it might be worth looking into.

Best of Luck with your List!!
I did considered that, buttttttttttttt, danm nano board its more expensive than an i52nd or 4th gen pc, and it takes ages to get it at home, so for now i think, a pc with an amd card ,groovymame and emudrivers are gonna be the hardware of choice. I think the only core mister is missing at the moment is circus charlie. Who knows, maybe someday nano boards would be cheaper, but i relly doubt that, as now we are getting traped in the "chip shortage" scam. Look at nvidia, they were supposed to lower down the prices on video cards, but they saw people paying thousands of dollars for them, now they doing the same... motherhackers... Anyway, i really hope to start next month with circus charlie mini.

abispac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2022, 01:45:33 am »
Its done, not mine, its for a relative friend of mine. But i think it came out nice, measurements are, 48 by 24 by 35. Really small,  yet enough space to fit 2 players sitting down.

abispac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2023, 02:25:48 pm »
MIni robotron, next.....

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 03:47:56 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2023, 03:51:20 pm »
Glowering Ryu confirmed.

abispac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2023, 03:20:53 pm »
So for robotron, im gonna keep a diferent design, as i like  bartops being a simple design, as i think adding a marquee just ad more space to the cabinet, so ima get a simple design as this past cabinet i did long time ago. So today, ima go buy the trilpay sheet and start the building process.

abispac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2023, 12:39:02 am »
So, i built the cabinet today, for robotron mini and most two joysticks games. I went with this kind of model with no marquee, to keep the cabinet as small as i can. This is going to have a 13 inch crt rgb moded disney tv, with a raspberry pi4 with a vga666 and rgb-pi os4 as the front end. Im so exited , to bad im not gonna get the stickers until monday.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2023, 12:42:59 am by abispac »

abispac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2023, 10:37:56 pm »
Got the cabinet assembled and working allready, now i got the artwork ready to print. I apologize for the watermark, but im not the owner of the image. If you want this, you can contact the owner at facebook with the waterimage name on it.

abispac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2023, 02:05:26 am »
Getting there, next step , the edge molding and resin on the sticker, for a glossy finish plus protection.

Zebidee

• Offline Offline
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2023, 04:44:59 am »
You didn't do the T-mold slot routing before assembly, and you didn't round those inside corners, so maybe this is true!!:

abispac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2023, 12:49:34 am »
i dont use tmolding anymore, a use an edge molding with an adesive that you need to iron. it looks good. About the corners, i wanted to see how it looks like that.

Zebidee

• Offline Offline
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2023, 04:31:41 am »
If the corners are rounded then the T-molding, traditional or otherwise, is easier to install neatly. Even if your curve isn't perfect, the molding tends to hide any errors. Also, curves are cool and fit the retro look.

Any molding on that front edge will come off easily, as people with catch it on their wrists. It may also cut into your wrists/hands, so watch out for that.

With that in mind, after installing the molding, it may be a good idea to carefully run along the edge with a fresh razor blade or craft knife to remove any tiny protrusions.

abispac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2023, 05:18:55 pm »
One more to the bucket list, full size vigolix with double screen. I cuoldnt fit the marquee at the top so i did it in the bottom. i5 3rd gen with 8gb ram, 7200 sata disc, 1gb ddr hd radeon 8750. Got a say im impressed on how well it handles hypermarquee and all together. Nice cabinet.  My apologies to the orinal red design owner for copying his style on the paint. But i really really like it. I think it turned out well.

javeryh

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 10:28:40 am
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2023, 02:10:00 pm »
Marquee below the screen is a wild idea.  Don’t think I’ve seen that before.  This cabinet came out great.

abispac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2023, 04:11:04 pm »
Marquee below the screen is a wild idea.  Don’t think I’ve seen that before.  This cabinet came out great.
Not my idea, someone has allready done it on its cabaret game, but cant seem to find the video. I got the idea from him, plus due to the nature of the vigolix, youll nee a very thin monitor if you want to put the marquee there. still look nice i think.

abispac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2023, 12:04:51 pm »
mini robotron done, and friends bartop done...