Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Wells Gardner D9800 picture problems  (Read 1436 times)

Hubaswift

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 12, 2020, 05:54:40 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Wells Gardner D9800 picture problems
« on: February 15, 2020, 10:45:32 pm »
I've been trying to learn about and fix some arcade CRTs. This 27" D9800 works fine except for a few problems. Red seems to bleed out the side of images and just seems off. I can get the bleeding to stop by turning it down, but then the picture looks dull. Text/images become blurrier as they get closer to the edges of the monitor. If anyone has experience with these, given the symptoms what are the first things I should be looking at. I've already gone through the obvious color calibration and flyback focus etc.

I'm not sure if this information is relevant, but I am running it at 640x480 31khz progressive through VGA. The CRT is from 2009.

Hubaswift

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 12, 2020, 05:54:40 pm
Re: Wells Gardner D9800 picture problems
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2020, 01:32:00 am »
Okay, so as I've read and watched repair videos I have learned how to do convergence and corner convergence adjustments so I will attempt that once I get all the materials together to make strips. Since the monitor doesn't appear to have R. Drive either as a trimmer or menu option I imagine it would be something along the lines of the drive transistor on the neck-board or some associated component that has drifted. A new transistor and cap kit are on the way. I have also realized that it is a D9810, not D9800, though I am unsure of the difference. If there are schematics for this CRT or another electronically similar one I'd be interested if someone knows where to find them.

Josh128

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 09, 2021, 11:32:25 am
Re: Wells Gardner D9800 picture problems
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2020, 09:44:58 pm »
Any luck with this?