Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Rowe CD 100 speaker wiring  (Read 1406 times)

Pinhead from Bucktucky

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2020, 09:40:06 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Rowe CD 100 speaker wiring
« on: February 15, 2020, 09:40:06 am »
I just replaced base speakers and am not sure they are wired correctly.  I'm not that good at schematics but could someone help me.  Each speaker has 3 wires going to them.  Which side do the 2 connectors go, negative or positive?  Thanks in advance

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 06:47:27 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: Rowe CD 100 speaker wiring
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2020, 04:35:54 pm »
rowe is weird. (no no wired spelled wrong.)

the speakers a wired inverse from each other due to (i belive) how the amps were wired to used with record player units.

if you look at your top speakers you'll see the orange will be on the positive of one speaker....and the negative of the other. essentially reversing polarity for one side. it's not wrong... it's just how it's done....

but it isn't actually reversed cause the outputs are reversed on the amp. making the reversed connection...right.

yes, it's stupid.

basically look at your left channel door speaker and match the polarity on the left sub (speakers are marked with either a +/- or one will be marked with a dot of paint to mark the positive etc.)... then do the same with the right sub.