Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Major Havoc roller (NEW)  (Read 2013 times)

Arroyo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:32:54 pm
  • Budgets are boring
    • newforum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,156267.0.html
Major Havoc roller (NEW)
« on: January 21, 2020, 11:58:03 am »
This is a rare opportunity.  I’ve got a member on KLOV who has agreed to reproduce the Major Havoc Roller.  He has produced these in the past and does some of the finest reproduction work in the community. 

The last run was in 2015, so it isn’t very often that you can get the opportunity to get one.  If you follow these closely at al you’ll know that they come up rarely for sale, and when they do they go for big $.  One just recently sold on e-bay for $500.

If you haven’t played Major Havoc with a roller then you don’t know what you are missing as its the best way to play.  And if you haven’t played Major Havoc before (especially on a vector monitor) then do yourself a favor and check it out.

I posted an interest thread over on KLOV and wanted to make sure that folks here are aware of it.  If you want to get on the list, post so on the thread here:

https://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=464282

Here is a picture of his previous work, and a link to see the production run from 2015:

https://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=348930

EDIT:  just came to my attention that you will need a KLOV login to view the page links above.  If you don’t have one signup and you’ll be directed to the proper page.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 05:09:57 pm by Arroyo »

Arroyo

• Offline Offline
  • Budgets are boring
Re: Major Havoc roller (NEW)
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2020, 12:08:02 pm »
Also I should add that a reproduction of the metal parts (and likely the entire cabinet) is being done as well:

https://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=462887,

So you could get a dedicated Major Havoc cabinet, or use it as a multi.  For those who don’t know how unique the Major Havoc cabinet is see below:

opt2not

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2024, 07:31:21 pm
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2020, 03:42:10 pm »
I saw your post on KLOV. Good on ya for taking the initiative to get this rollin'  (see what I did there?? :D ).

wp34

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2022, 09:48:19 pm
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2020, 05:03:12 pm »
On the one hand thanks for doing this.  On the other no thanks for getting me interested in another project.  I've been looking for a Tempest ever since you told me about the FPGA.   :cheers:

Arroyo

• Offline Offline
  • Budgets are boring
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2020, 11:25:24 pm »
Good on ya for taking the initiative to get this rollin'  (see what I did there?? :D ).

::)   :P  Don't quit your day job.  Hehe, yeah I'm pretty pumped about this one, as you can get a full Major Havoc cabinet by some of the most talented people out there!

On the one hand thanks for doing this.  On the other no thanks for getting me interested in another project.  I've been looking for a Tempest ever since you told me about the FPGA.   :cheers:

Your welcome, and you can tell your wife the same.  ;)

Arroyo

• Offline Offline
  • Budgets are boring
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2020, 10:24:32 am »
Bumping this.  There are 2 days left on the sale of the metal kits for a dedicated Major Havoc:

https://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=465431

(As mentioned before you need to be logged into KLOV to see above link)

This gets you (almost) everything you need.

Separately markrl (on KLOV) is building exact replicas of the cabinet and the metal “fins” that line the side speaker area to complete the whole thing. 

Separately the roller is still building orders in the link I posted above, but will probably go for sale soon.

If you ever wanted a dedicated Major Havoc it’s the best possible time.

javeryh

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:28:40 am
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2020, 12:43:11 pm »
Man, I really wish I didn't live in a shoebox.