Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: CRT to PC trouble.  (Read 1221 times)

onedudesmind

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 09, 2020, 07:34:25 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
CRT to PC trouble.
« on: September 12, 2020, 05:54:00 pm »
Converting a Tekken 4 showcase arcade machine to a custom mame PC. it has a CRT monitor i would like to use already in it, it has an RGB cable out of a Jamma(b) card which should allow me plug in right into my PC. When i do this I can see the image on the monitor but it is spinning like an old V hold issue (monitor works fine with the games main board). I've tried various resolutions and Refresh rates with no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated have hit a wall of sorts on the build . 

Josh128

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 09, 2021, 11:32:25 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: CRT to PC trouble.
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2020, 01:56:58 pm »
Do you have a Vhold adjustment on the chassis or remote board for the monitor?  I think you should somewhere.  What kind of monitor is it? 15Khz, 25KHz, 31KHz?  Are you using CRTemudriver on the PC driving the monitor?

buttersoft

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2024, 08:06:32 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
Re: CRT to PC trouble.
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2020, 01:48:47 am »
Specs seems to say the Namco 246 system and Tekken 4 output both 15 and 31kHz. Not sure if you can set the game to one or the other, or if it uses both for FMV vs in-game or what.

So, yer, more info pls. What make/model of monitor is in the cab? How is the picture rolling, vertically, horizontally or diagonally (both)? What PC hardware, OS and software are you using? What type of RGB cable, what connectors, and wtf is a Jamma(b) card?