Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Not sure that my refresh rate is changing with respect to the game loaded  (Read 1155 times)

Vectorfire

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 13, 2023, 02:56:42 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Is there a tool that can display the current refresh rate and resolution on screen when a game is loaded into GM?

I don't believe that my refresh rate and resolution is changing with respect to the games that I am loading.

High resolution, 31khz titles look extremely blocky and fuzzy as through they are being displayed at a lower res. Naturally my low res games look fine, which is why I'm  thinking something isn't changing.

Shouldn't my CRT's sync circuit be making a clicking noise when I switch from a low res to high res game? Because that's not happening.

Is there a tool available that would display the current refresh rate and resolution that I can see onscreen when I am in-game?

MY ini is attached and my specs are in my sig, let me know if you need anything else to help diagnose.

Thank you!
Groovy_Mame Rig:
Windows 7 Home Premium
Intel i7-3770K @ 4.50ghz
16gb DDR3
Creative SB0730 X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
Sapphire Dua-X R 280 Radeon: DVI-I-->VGA adapter
Ultimarc Video Amplifier
27" Makvision Tri-Mode Monitor

Foxhole

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2024, 04:05:15 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Not sure that my refresh rate is changing with respect to the game loaded
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2020, 01:44:28 pm »
Run the game you want to test with logging enabled.
mame64.exe RomName -v > log.txt
make sure to run it from a folder that doesn't need permissions if the log comes out empty.
Besides that you should be able to see the resolution picked while running the game in Machine Information.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 01:47:55 pm by Foxhole »