Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Wii Backup Manager (renaming games)  (Read 1253 times)

mike boss

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 22, 2021, 01:19:45 pm
Wii Backup Manager (renaming games)
« on: February 09, 2020, 12:05:51 pm »
I'm late to the party on this stuff, I know.
But my kids (4 and 6) are now "kinda" getting into the Wii.
So I have an old Wii with the homebrew channel and USB GX Loader.
I've got a HDD that I use with the Wii, it's got a few Wii games from current Wii collection (about a dozen games), and a decent collection of Gamecube games.

I recently dug out an old HDD that I have and I found my old collection of Wii backups in WBFS format. I've got about 100 games.
I'd like to move these games to the current drive I'm using with the Wii. However I know the naming is not correct.
I know I should use Wii Backup Manager, however the site wasn't working, and I was unable to locate any tutorial.

I'd like to rename the 100 or so games so I could just copy them over to the HDD. I don't wanna screw up the existing drive, I see all these format options, etc. But I'd like to ensure I don't mess up the drive.

I'd like to, on the drive that has 100 games, rename them as required and then move them. Is there a way I can do that in Backup Manager ? If so, how ? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:47:13 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: Wii Backup Manager (renaming games)
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2020, 03:43:50 pm »
i don't think WBFS is required anymore with USBLoaderGX. Last I used it, they switched it over so it could be fat32/ntfs etc. so you could just drag and drop the WBFS disk image files onto the drive with windows directly without having to use WBFSManager

mike boss

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 22, 2021, 01:19:45 pm
Re: Wii Backup Manager (renaming games)
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2020, 09:40:27 pm »
Moving 200 GB from drive to drive is a pain in the --I'm attempting to get by the auto-censor and should be beaten after I re-read the rules--.
However I believe to have figured this out.
I'm waiting on the process to complete, then I'll test to ensure it worked.

I just had to point the Backup Manager to my files on my external, and then tell them where I want them transferred to.
I did not click or mess around with any option other than tell then WBFS (which was the format of the other files on the drive was the desired format. I'm pretty sure that they will automatically be renamed as needed.

I peeped on the Wii drive during the process, and based on on tutorial I found (regarding the naming) these names appear to be in the correct format.