Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: What controller for Daytona Cabinet to multi game PC based  (Read 1660 times)

jayc001

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 19, 2023, 06:14:55 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
What controller for Daytona Cabinet to multi game PC based
« on: February 02, 2020, 03:13:36 pm »
Hi,

I have a Daytona cabinet which used to run CRT and a hacked PC steering wheel controller on the stock 5k pots.  The flyback trans went on the CRT and after retro fitting a LCD it seems the arcing from the flyback must have zapped the controller for steering/throttle/brake as they went really screwy and wouldn't work correctly any more. As I have higher def 1080p screen now I'm interested in playing newer games and especially m2/m3/pc driving games and the arcade dump of Daytona 3. What controller would people recommend? U-HID or A-PAC? Possibly something else? I don't want to be changing out the steering or throttle set up so something that would work with the 5k pots would be ideal.

Thanks

bandicoot

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 01:34:32 pm
Re: What controller for Daytona Cabinet to multi game PC based
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 12:54:29 pm »
I think there's really something in starting block
https://www.gamoover.net/Forums/index.php?topic=41719.0
I think it's going to be the must , you've got an HAPP or a MODEL 2 system you will need this and another CARD to go with your system a PWM2HAPP or PWM2M2
Thanks to People who works on this  :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:
Arcade is good , Arcade is great , Arcade is LIFE  ;) ;) ;)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 01:27:45 pm by bandicoot »

Zebra

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 19, 2021, 01:12:24 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: What controller for Daytona Cabinet to multi game PC based
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2020, 06:12:16 pm »
I have both the Apac and Uhid. They'll both do what you want. If it's just for the wheel, pedals and buttons for a single race cab, the Apac is more cost effective unless you are also hooking up outputs like lamps, in which case, the Uhid is the way to go.

Neither of them will run the force feedback motor (at least not without some custom scripts). Depending how handy you are with a soldering iron, hacking a PC ffb race wheel is also an option. It's all just pots and buttons under the hood.

Some people use Arduinos for diy ffb race wheels too. There's probably some ready made code you can download for it somewhere.