Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Mame layout/marquees  (Read 1613 times)

noon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 23, 2020, 12:34:21 pm
Mame layout/marquees
« on: January 30, 2020, 02:23:32 pm »
I want to use a single widescreen LCD tv vertically and have marquees above the game. I have a some marquee files but it seems like none of the built-in layouts currently make use of marquees. Am I mistaken? Are there already created layout (.lay) files shared that make use of marquees?

I found a handful of posts about second monitors displaying marquee art. I also found this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUTnWWlcL3A&feature=youtu.be and it links a dropbox to a bunch of custom layouts. They don't seem to use any of the standard mame marquee files/directories.

nexusmtz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 01, 2022, 03:14:22 am
Re: Mame layout/marquees
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2020, 06:08:26 pm »
You're correct that marquees are a supported element type, but the built-in layouts don't have marquees.

As Chad comments, his layouts aren't necessarily the best way to use the artwork system, but they work for what he wanted to do, and they're pretty easy to understand because most of what you see is determined by the paint program instead of the artwork system.