Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Arachnid 6300 Super 6 plus II  (Read 1791 times)

Northwoods

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 09, 2020, 07:36:08 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Arachnid 6300 Super 6 plus II
« on: January 29, 2020, 11:06:24 am »
Hello everyone,
Just found your site and registered.  Glad to be a part of like-minded individuals.

I purchased a used Arachnid English Mark Darts Super 6 Plus II coin-op board about 15-16 years ago.  Not many issues over the years (had a word scramble on the startup screen), but last year it began freezing up in the middle of a game.  I would shut off, restart and it would be fine for a while.  That issue continued, growing more frequent, until it finally quit powering on.

My brother-in-law figured it was the power supply, and we bought the repair kit.  He replaced the old parts with the new parts that came in the kit.

I re-installed the board and reconnected the wires (the long pin connector and the 4 spade wires).

The dart board powered up and works perfect (no more word scramble either), except that it will no longer register any of the 12 or 18 segments (singles/double/triple).

Thoughts?  Thanks.

jimmyfloyd

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 15, 2020, 12:30:21 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Arachnid 6300 Super 6 plus II
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2020, 02:53:53 pm »
Check the manual and see if they use a common pin for those two numbers. You may need to remove and reseat the connector for the target, or the target interface if it sat for some time. Do you have the 3 ribbon (Fat Spider) or 1 (19pin thin spider) ribbon cable from the target to target interface? If the 1 ribbon, they still make replacements for that if needed.

Glad the rebuild kit worked for you. I was going to suggest that based on your issue.