Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: searching for 32 and 27 bartop plans.  (Read 4112 times)

iaften

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 29, 2020, 07:07:39 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
searching for 32 and 27 bartop plans.
« on: January 26, 2020, 10:32:21 pm »
Hey all.

i looking for plans for 27 and 32 inch Bartop plans. i have alot of mdf at home so i dont wanna buy a kit from ebay.
i hope you guys can help me
thanks in advance  ;D

morton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 23, 2021, 09:36:59 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: searching for 32 and 27 bartop plans.
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 07:03:44 am »
32" is a big bartop... I'm using a 32" on a desk with joystick and it takes up a fair deal of real estate.

As for plans, is there a specific profile or style you like? I would think that customizing something or modifying a design wouldn't be too hard to pull off. Lots of cool profiles out there... Just chop the bottom half of the cab off and you got your side profile. (adjust for scale obviously)

If you google "bartop arcade plans", you'll find a bunch of different designs come up in web and image results. You may have to scale up for your desired screen size or adjust a few things, but if you're adventurous enough and want something a little unique, you could throw together something you can call your own, based on the more meat and potatoes parts of the original design.

As for the size... Try a cardboard mock up to see if it would be too imposing. May save you lots of head aches down the road.

javeryh

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:52:34 pm
Re: searching for 32 and 27 bartop plans.
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 07:21:42 pm »
Try a cardboard mock up to see if it would be too imposing. May save you lots of head aches down the road.

Definitely do this OP.  I'm using a 27" monitor for my desktop at home and it is gigantic.  I'm actually laughing just thinking about the size of the bartop I'd have to build to contain it.