Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: I bought an arcade 1up starwars  (Read 3260 times)

rlemmon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 06, 2022, 02:54:46 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
I bought an arcade 1up starwars
« on: January 19, 2020, 10:41:57 pm »
I bought my self a starwars for being such a good guy lol. I have to say I'm very impressed. They really did a great job on this. The Overall appearance of the cab looks great. The Yoke feels sturdy and is accurate. I love how you can adjust the vector glow as well. The light up marquee and loud stereo speakers a a great touch . I absolutely love this thing. Sure it's not a real coin op but its damn close. 

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2024, 07:51:43 pm
Re: I bought an arcade 1up starwars
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2020, 09:47:57 am »
Awesome -

I was considering getting one and I still may. I have a full size Star Wars and was considering swapping out with an A1up and a different full size - maybe a tempest.

I think the Star Wars was a great build and helped advance the Arcade community as a whole. It brought Star Wars to many folks who never had a chance to get the full size original and drove down the price of the Alan-1's for the reproductions. Good stuff.

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2024, 07:51:43 pm
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2020, 09:48:23 am »
What other games you got in your game room?

pumaconcolor

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 15, 2020, 07:06:27 am
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2020, 03:32:31 pm »
I'm blissfully happy with mine; it's the first and only A1UP I've bought.  If they keep making more interesting and quality cabs like this I'll have to buy more.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2024, 11:59:54 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2020, 04:46:58 pm »
I could see china copying the yokes and selling them as a stand-alone item for those crappy pandora's boxes or what have you... I think they are the only a1up product worth having atm, but they seem bound and determined to make any license they get ahold of so I'm sure more interesting stuff is coming.  Can't wait till they do a racing cab or something really off the wall like 720 degrees. 

rlemmon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2020, 12:50:28 am »
What other games you got in your game room?
       A 1up pacman , ninja turtles alphacade running mame ui and a small hyper wheel, 1 1up galaga, a1 up  centipede, and an a 1up street fighter. I use https://deals.consolekits.com/ and brick seek to get these nice and cheap then add new sticks and buttons with some new artwork here n there. I only paid retail for starwars, pac 200.00, centipede was 160.00 and galaga and s.f were 75.00 each
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 12:56:55 am by rlemmon »

rlemmon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2020, 12:55:15 am »
I could see china copying the yokes and selling them as a stand-alone item for those crappy pandora's boxes or what have you... I think they are the only a1up product worth having atm, but they seem bound and determined to make any license they get ahold of so I'm sure more interesting stuff is coming.  Can't wait till they do a racing cab or something really off the wall like 720 degrees.
   I'm looking forward to the attack from mars virtual pinball and pacman 40th cab. I'm interested to see where they go. Honestly i hope they make some shooter cabs like a time crisis or house of the dead. I need more room lol.

rlemmon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2020, 01:01:18 am »
Awesome -

I was considering getting one and I still may. I have a full size Star Wars and was considering swapping out with an A1up and a different full size - maybe a tempest.

I think the Star Wars was a great build and helped advance the Arcade community as a whole. It brought Star Wars to many folks who never had a chance to get the full size original and drove down the price of the Alan-1's for the reproductions. Good stuff.
              I always heard starwars was a very hard game to keep running. Theres a guy named cooltoy on youtube who made a 1up into a starwars trilogy, sadly im notsure how to wire the flightstick or use the emulator he hashttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCP6Thlu4U0.