Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Is there a way to switch between WinPac .ipc files on the fly?  (Read 1821 times)

Gimpy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 20, 2021, 05:26:55 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Is there a way to switch between WinPac .ipc files on the fly?
« on: November 27, 2019, 11:33:40 am »
I have an Ultimate I/O in my cab which I have mostly mapped to the standard MAME defaults. However, I have added some games to my cab that don't use that MAME setup.

I created a second .ipc file and I tried to create a .bat file that I could use with launchbox where it'd load the new profile, and then switch back on exit. However it seems like when you open a new ipc file, it doesn't actually program to the board unless you manually click 'Force Reconfigure' in the file menu for WinPac, so the control mappings never actually change

the bat file I have made is super simple:

@echo off

call "C:\Program Files (x86)\WinIPAC V2\WinIPAC.exe" "C:\Desktop\bishi.ipc"

exit 0

and then I have another one to open on exit that loads default.ipc.

My knowledge of creating bat files is ridiculously basic - does anybody know of a way to do what I am trying to achive, or if there is a way to incorporate the File>Force Board Reconfigure command into the bat file?

Cheers!

Headrush69

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2024, 08:18:56 pm
  • I have build my own arcade controls!
Re: Is there a way to switch between WinPac .ipc files on the fly?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2019, 10:41:28 am »
I use that same exact syntax for changing iPac profiles with my Launchbox setup and it works perfectly, so I do't think it's your script.

The only difference is my WinIpac.exe is installed in a folder in my user directory, not in Program Files (x86).

nipsmg

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 04:23:31 pm
  • ROONEY!! ERRGH!!
    • Arcadia
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2019, 11:54:27 am »
Good thought, however all users have Execute by default for stuff in Program Files (thus their ability to run programs installed there).

Still, wouldn't hurt to copy the binary files for the ipac software to c:\ipac and throw the .ipc in the same folder.  Eliminate variables.

Jimmyjazz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 09, 2023, 11:18:56 am
  • Starting my first bartop arcade cab soon...
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2020, 01:03:40 pm »
Did you manage to get this working?

I've been looking at adding some games that have non-standard key mappings - C64 / Spectrum / Dos etc. and was looking for a solution to reprogram my cabinets Ipac on the fly like this.