Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Error Compiling DOS Mame  (Read 1057 times)

giobbi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 29, 2020, 09:45:56 pm
  • I've built my personal arcade cabinet yet!
[SOLVED] Error Compiling DOS Mame
« on: January 20, 2020, 12:11:38 pm »
Hi people,
I'm trying to compile DOS Mame (latest build, 0.37 beta 14). I want to make some changes for my cabinet so I need to compile it.

I spent a lot of time configuring and patching makefile, etc. but I can't get the rid of one of the latest sections.

When makefile invokes mame.mak, I get this:

Archiving obj/mame/pacman.a
make.exe *** [obj/mame/pacman.a] Error -1

All the source files (*.o) invoked in mame.mak for the pacman.a sections are in the right directories.

I don't understand what is Error -1 ....

can anybody here help me, please?

thank you!
Giobbi
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 08:16:29 am by giobbi »

giobbi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 29, 2020, 09:45:56 pm
  • I've built my personal arcade cabinet yet!
Re: Error Compiling DOS Mame (in the end)
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2020, 05:37:41 pm »
Solved.

DJGPP (at least my release) hasn't everything you need for a pure DOS (and DOSBOX) compile task.

So I had to:
1) use ASM = @nasm (instead of @nasmw), but you also need to download nasm.exe from the web and put it into the GJGPP\BIN directory
2) rename the sentence RM = @rm  in RM = @rem (there's no rm.com file, but I found the rem.com executable works fine)
3) change CFLAGS, removing both "-Werror" and "-Wall" and put "-Wno-error" instead
4) download the UPX.EXE dos version from the web (just search for UPX.EXE on the web, go the official site and find the DOS release) and put it into DJGPP\BIN replacing the Windows version.