Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Anyone have older ArcadeVGA drivers?  (Read 1010 times)

UberCade

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 19, 2021, 11:22:32 pm
Anyone have older ArcadeVGA drivers?
« on: January 14, 2020, 01:26:49 am »
So it seems as if the more recent ArcadeVGA 5000 drivers supplied by Andy at Ultimarc are problematic with Windows 7 and Windows 8. The problem is when I try to install them on Windows 7, I get an error message saying the driver isn't valid for that version of Windows. I have beat this issue completely to death, tried every proposed resolution I've seen out there regarding signed drivers and what not, tried on both 64-bit and 32-bit versions of Windows 7 and 8 and the result is the same. When I first installed the ArcadeVGA after I bought it years ago everything worked fine. A couple years after that I had to reinstall Windows, downloaded the latest driver from the website because I couldn't find the CD, and that's when I discovered the problem. I have already reached out to Andy directly and he could not come up with a solution either. I've searched around the web and it looks like others have experienced the same issue, no resolution has worked, and I'm 99% sure it's a problem with the latest driver. Fortunately the XP driver I still have works, but I'd really prefer to run Windows 7 for my arcade build.

I'm curious if anybody has older drivers they can upload somewhere and share. Thanks in advance.

buttersoft

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 12:55:20 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
Re: Anyone have older ArcadeVGA drivers?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 05:36:17 pm »
Can't help you myself, but can Andy at Ultimarc not provide an older version?

UberCade

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 19, 2021, 11:22:32 pm
Re: Anyone have older ArcadeVGA drivers?
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 02:27:18 pm »
Can't help you myself, but can Andy at Ultimarc not provide an older version?

Possibly, if I could get a response to my email inquiry.