Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Crtemu Driver win 7, Hide Modes that the monitor cannot display  (Read 1189 times)

dabone

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 31, 2023, 12:03:37 pm
  • Time to work...
I've got a win7 box, radeon r7-260 loaded up with CRTemu driver 2.0 beta 15, and all the modes seem to run correctly, but I can't get Hide Modes that the monitor cannot display to stay set.

For Monitor presets I have a WG25k7131 set, and edid emulation enabled on VGA (It's a DVI-I port, but when I enable on the vga, it does swap to the correct 15k mode)

When I go to display settings, advanced, monitor, the Monitor shows as a Generic PNP Monitor, and I can check the Hide modes button,
Then I can start emulationstation in 15k, but after a restart the setting is unchecked so emulationstation starts in 31k.

Any suggestions?

The setup is running all my emulators correctly.

Thanks.
Later,
dabone

alex2005

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 20, 2023, 09:21:14 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Crtemu Driver win 7, Hide Modes that the monitor cannot display
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2020, 01:16:00 pm »
Have you disabled completely the AMD External Events Utility service?

dabone

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 31, 2023, 12:03:37 pm
  • Time to work...
Re: Crtemu Driver win 7, Hide Modes that the monitor cannot display
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2020, 01:29:08 pm »
Thanks! That was it, I knew I had to be missing something easy.
Working fine now.

I used to have a link to a great walkthru for installing crtemu driver under windows, but I can't seem to locate it at the moment.

Next question, where is the right place to ask questions on atom 15?

Thanks again.

Later,
dabone