Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Need Help: Neotec NT-2501  (Read 1436 times)

AvngR_Hulk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 13, 2020, 02:21:34 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Need Help: Neotec NT-2501
« on: December 28, 2019, 11:39:40 pm »
 My NT- 2501 needs repair, it is in a cruisin world dedicated upright cabinet. I believe the chassis is for medium resolution

I'm not too good at reading schematics yet so I'm finding it hard to repair mine. I have tested T101, D101, C104 and they all measure 170 VDC. I have tested Q402 middle and left pin reads in the mega ohms as does the middle to right pin. I tested Q101 middle and right pin reads in the mega ohms and slowly increases however middle and left side reads OL on my multimeter (Fluke 115) not sure if this means overload or openloop, I'm leaning towards the latter which would mean that mosfet is bad? I have taken out  L103 as recommended by this thread (from 2012)

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,119454.0/prev_next,prev.html#new

and tried to power up the tube (RCA a63ahc26x) and still nothing. Also I measured the tubes ohms and the vertical measured 6.7 ohms and the horizontal measured .5 ohms, not sure if these values are correct as I couldnt find much info on this tube. I forgot to mention the tube was working prior to cap kit but I am still a novice and put cap C116 in backwards and upon powering up I heard a ticking noise, thought it was the cap changed it out and still nothing also I have reason to believe something was shorted by a clipped cap leg but I have forgotten what the leg was touching (I'm still a novice at this but I'm trying) anything else I could test for? If so how should I test it, in the circuit or out? powered on or not. Is there a way to see which circuit is messed up?

I'm willing to pay to get mine fixed but I would like to try and fix it myself with help 1st.

thanks so much in advanced

p.s all the info above is what I know thus far hope its enough to get us started.

AvngR_Hulk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 13, 2020, 02:21:34 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Need Help: Neotec NT-2501
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2019, 06:09:21 am »
Fixed!!

grantspain

• I personally prefer "bog trotter"
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:35:44 pm
Re: Need Help: Neotec NT-2501
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2020, 05:06:36 pm »
well done, what was the actual fault in the end?