Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Link play on San Francisco Rush & all vegas/seattle games  (Read 38861 times)

sonik

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 13, 2024, 10:52:59 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Link play on San Francisco Rush & all vegas/seattle games
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2021, 07:37:15 pm »
Soon I'll compile a 60fps version for the latest MAME, and instead of having to adjust the slider to get 60fps, the game titles will just have (60fps) in them and it will automatically run at 60.

Looking for an updated exe with 60fps. Please reply here later when you compile it :)

jorgenjl2

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 07, 2024, 07:10:47 pm
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2021, 01:54:54 pm »
This would be a dream come true if network play worked for Rush the Rock. I was completely unaware that it even remotely worked, this is great news!

Soon I'll compile a 60fps version for the latest MAME, and instead of having to adjust the slider to get 60fps, the game titles will just have (60fps) in them and it will automatically run at 60.

Hopefully we can play this online soon, I can't wait.

I am glad to see there are others as excited about this as me.

That is awesome about the 60fps version. Once you get it setup please do let us know so we can test it. I believe the only thing with the previous 60fps version was that the intro menu (before you insert coins and hit the gas) ran a little fast right? Do you expect this new version to still have that?

Note that I see Mame is now at .235 instead of .234. The only thing I can tell for this is this one line item below about minor voodoo coverity complaints (but I am not sure that it is super important). Aaron Giles is the man for the complete 3dfx Voodoo rewrite in .234+ that allows us to do this.

-voodoo: Address minor coverity complaints [Aaron Giles]

Bigtymer781

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 02, 2024, 12:21:40 pm
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2021, 05:07:40 pm »
That is awesome about the 60fps version. Once you get it setup please do let us know so we can test it. I believe the only thing with the previous 60fps version was that the intro menu (before you insert coins and hit the gas) ran a little fast right? Do you expect this new version to still have that?

Yeah, the car selection menu ran a little fast and the race countdown voice had a glitch if I remember right. I'll try to fix that in the next version, and the link will be posted on here for sure.

jorgenjl2

• Offline Offline
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2021, 10:00:09 pm »

Yeah, the car selection menu ran a little fast and the race countdown voice had a glitch if I remember right. I'll try to fix that in the next version, and the link will be posted on here for sure.

Any luck with the build or has anyone tested link play via 2 PCs yet?

Hydreigon

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 11, 2023, 09:57:11 pm
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2021, 11:32:29 pm »

Any luck with the build or has anyone tested link play via 2 PCs yet?
Someone got Cart Fury to link up with two PCs in mame 0.235 thanks to the additional improvements in the network emulation. In versions below 0.234, Cart Fury wouldn't talk to each other at all and in 0.234, they both will talk but only for a short time until one instance freezes.

For best stability, both instances of mame (regardless of if linking with multiple computers or just one) need to run at full speed (also do not increase the emulation speed either).

Super-Becker

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 09:12:11 pm
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2021, 05:21:19 pm »
Any evolution?

BrownEye02

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 08, 2022, 11:00:09 pm
  • RUSH
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2021, 11:23:54 pm »
Alright so I did a bit more testing today with the latest version of MAME (0238b) and can confirm it seems stability wise, linked play has improved. It's not 100% but it is better. Below are the specs of each machine and their network configuration.

Desktop
CPU: 3900X
Motherboard: AsRock x570 Steel Legend
RAM: 16GB @3600MHz
GPU: 1080TI
Network: 1Gbps LAN connection, to 8pt TP-Link Gigabit Switch, to Actiontec ECB7250 2.5Gbps MoCA Adapter, to 1Gbps Router

Media Center PC
CPU: 7700K
Motherboard: MSI z270 GAMING M7
RAM: 16GB @3200MHz
GPU: 1070 8GB
Network: 1Gbps LAN connection, to 1Gbps Router

Laptop
CPU: 7700HQ
Model: Alienware 13 R3
RAM: 16GB @2400MHz
GPU: 1060 6GB
Network: 1Gbps LAN connection, to 8pt TP-Link Gigabit Switch, to Actiontec ECB7250 2.5Gbps MoCA Adapter, to 1Gbps Router

Overall it seems launching the game has become less stable in this version of MAME. Almost every time I'd have to restart the ROM (Shift+F3) once or even twice to get the game to fully boot. Now I did incorporate the FFB plugin in each of the instances. Even though only my MCP had my steering wheel connected to it. So that is a possible factor, doubt it though. Once fully booted the single player stability matched that of previous versions. I do need to play with it more to confirm that. I also noticed that about 50% of the time the non button/front panel display view (Screen 0 Standard (4:3)) would not stick even though it was set in the .cfg file. I could simply set it back to the way I want but was a bit annoying.

As for link play. Nothing has changed from my previous guide for setting up multi machine link play. Once the adapter is set in the .cfg file for the game, MAME immediately picked up my TAP network adapter. In game dip switch and service mode configuration is the same too.
Now into the meat. For each test I was starting the game on my MCP first to make it the host being that it is the highest clocked system I own. After that it was a mixed bag on who I would join second and third. I could get all 3 machines to detect each other no problem. My desktop and MCP seemed to be the most stable but my laptop dropped every time in all of my tests. This seems to confirm my theory that if your machine is too weak and can't emulate the game at 100% all the time it will get dropped. As for when it just depended. I made a video showing all 3 running on the same screen. This was probably the best run my laptop made out of all the tests I did. In the video when my laptop crashes you don't see the sync % drop from 100% but in some of my previous tests you could. The other two machines are pegged at 100% sync. Note: In the video I forgot to turn on the sync OSD on my MCP.

This is defiantly a step in the right direction. There still needs to be a bit more optimizations for this to be rock solid for most but it seems like you might actually be able to get one or two full games in without either machine crashing out. I'd like to see what performance impact or even possible improvement Bigtymer's 60FPS variant will have but will just need to sit patiently and wait. :)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 11:57:37 pm by BrownEye02 »

Super-Becker

• Offline Offline
« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2021, 10:40:08 am »
WOW! Congratulations and thanks, friend. Unfortunately I don't have two powerful PCs to help with the tests, so I'm following the evolution right here. Did you also test it with version 236 of MAME? Because I think the best version to run SF Rush.

Super-Becker

• Offline Offline
« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2021, 08:22:58 am »
Has anyone been able to run SF Rush on MAME 239?

BrownEye02

• Offline Offline
  • RUSH
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2022, 01:33:31 pm »
I can give it a try later tonight. Not loading at all or is it something else like link play not working?

Bigtymer781

• Offline Offline
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2022, 08:20:07 pm »
I just started testing MAME 0.239 yesterday. I haven't tried doing the link play yet though.

It was kind of a pain in the ass to get it working, since the last time I played a few things have changed. The sfrushrk.zip file has an extra file in it now "331_rush_the_rock.u96", and you need to create a folder called "sfrushrk" inside of the roms folder to put the CHD file in. Also you need another zip file called "tms32031" that has "c31boot.bin" in it, that goes in your roms folder also. I did all that, and it worked for me.

I also confirmed that the CPU usage is significantly lower than in MAME 0.209 (the last time I played) which is great. Another 60fps hack is coming soon.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2022, 08:23:14 pm by Bigtymer781 »

BrownEye02

• Offline Offline
  • RUSH
« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2022, 12:27:33 am »
I just started testing MAME 0.239 yesterday. I haven't tried doing the link play yet though.

It was kind of a pain in the ass to get it working, since the last time I played a few things have changed. The sfrushrk.zip file has an extra file in it now "331_rush_the_rock.u96", and you need to create a folder called "sfrushrk" inside of the roms folder to put the CHD file in. Also you need another zip file called "tms32031" that has "c31boot.bin" in it, that goes in your roms folder also. I did all that, and it worked for me.

I also confirmed that the CPU usage is significantly lower than in MAME 0.209 (the last time I played) which is great. Another 60fps hack is coming soon.
Yep, looks like the ROM dump has been updated to now include a new security PIC. http://adb.arcadeitalia.net/dettaglio_mame.php?game_name=sfrushrk
Same goes for 2049. http://adb.arcadeitalia.net/dettaglio_mame.php?game_name=sf2049se&search_id=
As for how to obtain said PIC files I have no clue..... besides dumping directly from the cabinets which everyone has access too....
Edit: Well, found them thanks to Bigtymer but can't post them per Mod/Rule 5. I can't even hint at the site. :/
« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 02:50:18 pm by BrownEye02 »

Super-Becker

• Offline Offline
« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2022, 06:48:07 am »
Thanks guys!

Bigtymer781, I still have the old "MAME 60fps", thanks and congratulations on the work. I look forward to the next version. Is it possible to leave it with the adjustable slider bar instead of fixed at 120 Hz?

BrownEye02, I couldn't find the download link for the updated roms.

I have another problem with the latest versions of MAME: In some games (not all) the emulator recognizes the accelerator pedal in the settings but during the game it doesn't work. If anyone can help I will be grateful.

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 06:17:45 am
  • Designated spam hunter
« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2022, 01:26:04 pm »
BrownEye02, I couldn't find the download link for the updated roms.
The reason links like the adb.arcadeitalia.net ones are allowed is that sites like that tell you filenames, sizes, and other useful info, but they don't have download links for the ROMs or even hint at where to find them.  See Rule 5.   ;)

Scott

BrownEye02

• Offline Offline
  • RUSH
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2022, 02:53:54 pm »
I have another problem with the latest versions of MAME: In some games (not all) the emulator recognizes the accelerator pedal in the settings but during the game it doesn't work. If anyone can help I will be grateful.
If you see your peddles function properly in MAME's analog controls menu then you simple need to go through RUSH's calibration process again. I've experienced this issue a lot when it comes to steering. MAME shows my steering being detected correctly in the analog controls menu but the game will not respond or I'm stuck turning right all the time or something. Simply enable the calibrate on boot dip switch in the MAME menus, reboot the ROM and perform the calibration manually or boot to service mode and perform the controls test. During the calibration press the peddles all the way down. You should see the reported value's show you hitting the max values. Once this is done and the values are no longer red you can exit/complete the calibration. You don't need to through all the buttons. I do recommend doing your analog controls though so peddles and steering wheel.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 03:00:05 pm by BrownEye02 »

Super-Becker

• Offline Offline
« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2022, 06:36:42 pm »
I deleted the message I had written here. Something went wrong. lol
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 07:45:56 pm by Super-Becker »

Super-Becker

• Offline Offline
« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2022, 12:23:40 pm »

When you run Rush The Rock a message appears saying "One or more ROMs/CHD for this machine have not been correctly dumped."?

Bigtymer781

• Offline Offline
« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2022, 11:34:44 pm »
Yeah it does. Maybe the rom wasn't dumped correctly? There's some textures that look a little fuzzy here and there, maybe that has something to do with it. I dont know.

Bigtymer781

• Offline Offline
« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2022, 05:57:01 am »
Here are the MAME 0.239 (60fps) versions, they use the slider hack also.

There's 3 versions, each one is a little more demanding on your hardware with slightly higher overall FPS. If your emulation speed is dropping below 100%, I wouldn't even waste time downloading a more demanding one because your FPS will usually drop when the emulation speed drops.

Main CPU R5000 @300mhz and Voodoo 1 slightly overclocked
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Hg1zQF7ZBZ5RE2Q1azfmEeQuyb1lRfFG/view?usp=sharing

Main CPU R5000 @400mhz and Voodoo 1 slightly overclocked
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RimUGCbuHm5qW_4QfFYusqcU4fucC2gr/view?usp=sharing

Main CPU R5000 @500mhz / Main CPU RM7000 @350mhz with Voodoo 1 AND Voodoo3 slightly overclocked (for Rush 2049)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/15KWnfNTya5AGtzbeGPrdzjIgNYdog29i/view?usp=sharing

The sound glitch for the race countdown voice still happens. I don't think overclocking causes the problem, because it only happens once the FPS is boosted in the slider menu. I think it could only be fixed by hacking the rom, since it seems reliant on the frame rate.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2022, 05:59:43 am by Bigtymer781 »

Super-Becker

• Offline Offline
« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2022, 06:44:35 am »
Man I can't believe it!!! I come here three times a day to see if you posted. Too bad I can't test it now because I'm moving these days, but I can't wait! I am very grateful! Thank you very much!

BrownEye02

• Offline Offline
  • RUSH
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2022, 02:17:09 pm »
Here are the MAME 0.239 (60fps) versions, they use the slider hack also.
Ohhhhh buddy!!! We got some gaming to do tonight!
Thanks you, thank you, thank you!!!! :woot

Zeosstud

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 04:16:28 pm
« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2022, 09:03:52 am »
Spent some time with this last night, my son and I were able to race each other several times playing Rush 2049, all the way to the end.. His room is 2 floors and 3 switches away from me and both machines are pretty solid. We had more luck with Rush 2049 than we did with Rush 2049 Special Edition, even playing all 3 tracks one session without a crash. I am hoping tonight to try and get setup to do some more testing where both machines are plugged into the same switch, just to see if it might be even more stable. Clearly progress is being made and that is pretty amazing. I bet if we had 2 really beefed up systems and they were connected pretty close together things would be super stable but who knows, clearly as Mame versions continue to be released and tweaks made it is only going to get better. I should add that we did testing with Mame 0.239, 0.240 and the 500Mhz modded mame 0.239, more or less with the same results.

Zeosstud
« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 09:09:19 am by Zeosstud »

vandale

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 10, 2023, 04:01:16 am
  • Id 10 and t error
« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2022, 04:38:42 am »
Hi everyone. Ive just read through the thread and want clarification, is this only Rush the Rock or does it apply to the original Rush? Thanks

jorgenjl2

• Offline Offline
« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2022, 12:31:25 pm »
Hi everyone. Ive just read through the thread and want clarification, is this only Rush the Rock or does it apply to the original Rush? Thanks

Since the Rock has the additional cars and tracks, I have not really tested any of this on the original. I guess some of the shortcuts are slightly different but overall I have always played the Rock.

jorgenjl2

• Offline Offline
« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2022, 12:35:20 pm »
Alright so I did a bit more testing today with the latest version of MAME (0238b) and can confirm it seems stability wise, linked play has improved. It's not 100% but it is better. Below are the specs of each machine and their network configuration.

Desktop
CPU: 3900X
Motherboard: AsRock x570 Steel Legend
RAM: 16GB @3600MHz
GPU: 1080TI

Media Center PC
CPU: 7700K
Motherboard: MSI z270 GAMING M7
RAM: 16GB @3200MHz
GPU: 1070 8GB
Network: 1Gbps LAN connection, to 1Gbps Router

Laptop
CPU: 7700HQ
Model: Alienware 13 R3
RAM: 16GB @2400MHz
GPU: 1060 6GB

Overall it seems launching the game has become less stable in this version of MAME. Almost every time I'd have to restart the ROM (Shift+F3) once or even twice to get the game to fully boot. Now I did incorporate the FFB plugin in each of the instances. Even though only my MCP had my steering wheel connected to it. So that is a possible factor, doubt it though. Once fully booted the single player stability matched that of previous versions. I do need to play with it more to confirm that. I also noticed that about 50% of the time the non button/front panel display view (Screen 0 Standard (4:3)) would not stick even though it was set in the .cfg file. I could simply set it back to the way I want but was a bit annoying.

As for link play. Nothing has changed from my previous guide for setting up multi machine link play. Once the adapter is set in the .cfg file for the game, MAME immediately picked up my TAP network adapter. In game dip switch and service mode configuration is the same too.
Now into the meat. For each test I was starting the game on my MCP first to make it the host being that it is the highest clocked system I own. After that it was a mixed bag on who I would join second and third. I could get all 3 machines to detect each other no problem. My desktop and MCP seemed to be the most stable but my laptop dropped every time in all of my tests. This seems to confirm my theory that if your machine is too weak and can't emulate the game at 100% all the time it will get dropped. As for when it just depended. I made a video showing all 3 running on the same screen. This was probably the best run my laptop made out of all the tests I did. In the video when my laptop crashes you don't see the sync % drop from 100% but in some of my previous tests you could. The other two machines are pegged at 100% sync. Note: In the video I forgot to turn on the sync OSD on my MCP.

This is defiantly a step in the right direction. There still needs to be a bit more optimizations for this to be rock solid for most but it seems like you might actually be able to get one or two full games in without either machine crashing out. I'd like to see what performance impact or even possible improvement Bigtymer's 60FPS variant will have but will just need to sit patiently and wait. :)
Have you been able to test this with just two players using the latest Mame with the new SF Rush folder system? I feel like 3 links is just too complicated for it to handle and we should start with two. Come to think of it, I didn稚 even know you could do 3 together as I always only saw 2 together at most from what I recall. 

jorgenjl2

• Offline Offline
« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2022, 12:36:30 pm »
Spent some time with this last night, my son and I were able to race each other several times playing Rush 2049, all the way to the end.. His room is 2 floors and 3 switches away from me and both machines are pretty solid. We had more luck with Rush 2049 than we did with Rush 2049 Special Edition, even playing all 3 tracks one session without a crash. I am hoping tonight to try and get setup to do some more testing where both machines are plugged into the same switch, just to see if it might be even more stable. Clearly progress is being made and that is pretty amazing. I bet if we had 2 really beefed up systems and they were connected pretty close together things would be super stable but who knows, clearly as Mame versions continue to be released and tweaks made it is only going to get better. I should add that we did testing with Mame 0.239, 0.240 and the 500Mhz modded mame 0.239, more or less with the same results.

Zeosstud

This is awesome! No crashes? Have you been able to test anymore?

Zeosstud

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 04:16:28 pm
« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2022, 12:38:49 pm »
We have not played again since that post.. It was not perfect, but when it worked it sure was fun!!

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

classicjoe72

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 11, 2022, 11:23:40 am
  • I want to build a Fix-It-Felix Jr.!
« Reply #67 on: April 27, 2022, 10:30:44 am »
I own two Rush The Rock cabinets. I wonder if I can link them over VPN to to other folks over the internet.

anchounio

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 04:24:10 pm
« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2022, 04:05:18 am »
Has anybody tested Cruis'n' USA and Cruis'n' World with this TAP adapter method?
What about California Speed?

Which games should work with this method?

The mentioned ones in this thread are:

San Francisco Rush
San Francisco Rush: The Rock
San Francisco Rush 2049
Cart Fury
« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 06:18:39 am by anchounio »

jorgenjl2

• Offline Offline
« Reply #69 on: May 27, 2022, 11:13:58 pm »
Has anybody tested Cruis'n' USA and Cruis'n' World with this TAP adapter method?
What about California Speed?

Which games should work with this method?

The mentioned ones in this thread are:

San Francisco Rush
San Francisco Rush: The Rock
San Francisco Rush 2049
Cart Fury

I have not but that is a great idea. Getting Rush and Cruis地 working with link play is really the holy grail for linked racing games for a lot of people.

Super-Becker

• Offline Offline
« Reply #70 on: May 31, 2022, 06:51:35 pm »
Guys, I feel happy to finally be able to join you in this experience. There are some interesting points to note:
- Although I managed to play an entire match on The Rock track, it doesn't happen often. Sometimes the weakest PC crashes at the beginning, in the middle or at the end as demonstrated in the video.
- I haven't played on all lanes but I noticed that lane 4 is a little more stable than 1, 2, and 3 (maybe it was by chance).
- SFRush Extreme Racing is way more stable than SFRush The Rock for sure! I managed to play straight through lanes 1, 2 and only crashed on the third lap of lane 3 almost at the end.
- SFRush 2049 could not link, but I did in SFRush 2049 SE.
- California Speed didn't make it either.
- MAME 60fps (300 mhz) crashed in a few seconds. I haven't tested the 400 and 500 mhz versions.

- Emulator MAME 0.244
- Force Feedback Plugin FFB
- AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - 32 GB RAM
- Thrustmaster T300
- Monitor Tv Sony Bravia 43"
- Core i5 6600 - 16 GB RAM
- Logitech G29
- Monitor HDTV 29" CRT Philips Cineos 4:3

Super-Becker

• Offline Offline
« Reply #71 on: May 31, 2022, 07:13:54 pm »
Other things:
- Can the quality/speed of the ethernet cable influence it? I used CAT 5 cables.
- What are the best options to choose in MAME to collaborate with stability? Low latency, triple buffer, synchronized update and vsync, for example should they be on or off? Any other tips?

Edit: - Another thing I remembered is that every time I started the two games together there was a loss of configuration of the steering wheels and buttons. So in the video I start one at a time.

Edit: I was wrong about "Extreme Racing" being more stable than "The Rock". What I could see is that the first track is the one that crashes the most and I had played it less in "The Rock".
« Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 02:57:52 pm by Super-Becker »

SailorSat

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 06:47:40 am
    • For Amusement Only e.V.
« Reply #72 on: July 07, 2022, 05:41:24 pm »
Hm... I only get California Speed (calspeed) to link up fine.
(what an awesome game! totaly flew under my radar)

The others are either super unstable (sfrush, sfrushrk) or freeze on a black screen (sf2049).
I can only guess the i3-4150 is just a tad to slow - singleplayer stays at 100% though.

8 machines:
i3-4150
4gb ddr3
nvidia gt730
win7
gigabit ethernet

mame 0.242 and 0.245 tested, with throttle 1, no frameskip and no vsync.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2022, 05:43:08 pm by SailorSat »
I do all that stuff even without a Joystick ;)
Soft-15kHz, cabMAME, For Amusement Only e.V.

jorgenjl2

• Offline Offline
« Reply #73 on: August 04, 2022, 11:20:00 pm »
Since the link play on a single pc worked flawlessly and I could not get it to disconnect if I tried, I wonder if the issue is just that the Mame networking needs just a little bit of work.

jorgenjl2

• Offline Offline
« Reply #74 on: August 04, 2022, 11:24:51 pm »
Hm... I only get California Speed (calspeed) to link up fine.
(what an awesome game! totaly flew under my radar)

The others are either super unstable (sfrush, sfrushrk) or freeze on a black screen (sf2049).
I can only guess the i3-4150 is just a tad to slow - singleplayer stays at 100% though.

8 machines:
i3-4150
4gb ddr3
nvidia gt730
win7
gigabit ethernet

mame 0.242 and 0.245 tested, with throttle 1, no frameskip and no vsync.

You got link play on two different PCs to work for Mame California Speed without disconnects? That is the first I am hearing of this game being linked off hand. If it does work, that is great news. I am dying to get San Francisco Rush and Cruis地 USA/World linked so I will have to look at how similar and different the link play is for those compared to California Speed.

Super-Becker

• Offline Offline
« Reply #75 on: August 16, 2022, 04:49:37 pm »
You got link play on two different PCs to work for Mame California Speed without disconnects? That is the first I am hearing of this game being linked off hand. If it does work, that is great news. I am dying to get San Francisco Rush and Cruis地 USA/World linked so I will have to look at how similar and different the link play is for those compared to California Speed.
[/quote]

Edit: California Speed for me doesn't lose connection. Has anyone figured out how to fix or alleviate this issue in Rush?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2022, 04:45:39 pm by Super-Becker »

jorgenjl2

• Offline Offline
« Reply #76 on: September 22, 2022, 09:47:16 pm »

Edit: California Speed for me doesn't lose connection. Has anyone figured out how to fix or alleviate this issue in Rush?
[/quote]

That is great news that California Speed works with link play. What did you have to do to get it to work? Do you have to go into the test menu somehow? You used separate PCs?

Super-Becker

• Offline Offline
« Reply #77 on: September 24, 2022, 10:14:30 am »
Yes, I used separate PCs. To make it work I used the information provided in this topic.

jorgenjl2

• Offline Offline
« Reply #78 on: October 29, 2022, 11:08:34 pm »
Yes, I used separate PCs. To make it work I used the information provided in this topic.

Good to know. I will definitely have to add California Speed multiplayer then. I wonder why Mame California Speed works but not SF Rush (second pc since 1 pc multiplayer worked perfectly for me) or Cruis地 USA. Interesting.

Super-Becker

• Offline Offline
« Reply #79 on: November 14, 2022, 11:39:29 am »
Man, how I wanted SF Rush to work perfectly on two PCs. With each new version of MAME I look forward to it, but nothing new happens. Maybe Boomslang doesn't add SFRush in Teknoparrot? At least there the games work very well in link. (Boomslang, read this please! lol).