Boomslang:
credits to tedgreen for original information which ive modified slightly

For Multiple MAME on Single PC Link

1 - Install openvpn https://openvpn.net/community-downloads/
2 - Go to Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center
3 - Go to change adapter settings
4 - See if you have any TAP-Windows-Adapter V9 installed already
5 - Browse to C:\Program Files\TAP-Windows\bin
6 - Right click on addtap.bat and select run as administrator (This will install a new tap adapter for 2nd MAME, skip step 7 if you already have one installed when you looked in step 4)
7 - Right click on addtap.bat and select run as administrator (ONLY DO THIS IF YOU HAD NO TAP ADAPTER INSTALLED ALREADY IN STEP 4)
8 - Go to Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center & Change adapter settings again
9 - Select both tap adapters and right click then Bridge Connections
10 - Could get an error here
11 - Right click on the Network Bridge and select properties. Make sure both tap adapters have checkboxes selected in the top window
12 - Start sfrushrk in the first directory and then exit mame after the rush the rock splash screen appears.
13 - Start sfrushrk in the second directory and then change the serial number in the dip switches to something other than 6.
14 - For the second sfrushrk enter service mode and change the car color from red to something else. Exit mame.
15 - Edit sfrushrk.cfg in the first mame cfg directory. In the network area change so that interface="0" .
16 - Edit sfrushrk.cfg in the second mame cfg directory. In the network area change so that interface="1" .
17 - Start the two instances of mame sfrushrk in the two separate directories.

For Multiple PC Link
Wouldn't work for me via wifi, please use direct ethernet connection

1 - Install openvpn https://openvpn.net/community-downloads/
2 - Go to Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center
3 - Go to change adapter settings
4 - See if you have any TAP-Windows-Adapter V9 installed already
5 - Browse to C:\Program Files\TAP-Windows\bin (If you already have one installed when you looked in step 4, Skip to Step 7)
6 - Right click on addtap.bat and select run as administrator (If you already have one installed when you looked in step 4, Skip to Step 7)
7 - Go to Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center & Change adapter settings again
8 - Select tap adapter and your main ethernet adapter right click then Bridge Connections
9 - Could get an error here
10 - Right click on the Network Bridge and select properties. Make sure tap adapter & ethernet have checkboxes selected in the top window
11 - Start sfrushrk in the first PC and then exit mame after the rush the rock splash screen appears.
12 - Start sfrushrk in the second PC and then change the serial number in the dip switches to something other than 6.
13 - For the second sfrushrk PC enter service mode and change the car color from red to something else. Exit mame.
14 - Edit sfrushrk.cfg in the first PC cfg folder. In the network area change so that interface="0" .
15 - Edit sfrushrk.cfg in the second PC cfg folder. In the network area change so that interface="0" .
16 - Start the two instances of mame sfrushrk in the two separate directories.

IF UNSURE OF INTERFACE NUMBER
load mame with -listnetwork flag and see where your tap adapter comes in list. Interface only looks at the Virtual adapters installed eg if you are using
TAP-Windows Adapter V9 #3 you would generally be Interface 2. Interface 0 is first tap adapter, if you use 2nd tap adapter its interface 1 etc

You can also press tab and goto Network devices on each mame and ensure it says your Tap adapter you want to use. If it's blank, change interface number in cfg folder again

To Remove TAP Adapters

1 - Browse to C:\Program Files\TAP-Windows\bin
2 - Right click on deltapall.bat and select run as administrator

DarthMarino:
I'm getting stuck on Step 9.  I can install as many TAP adapters as I want but nothing will pop up here.  When I uninstall them with deltapall.bat, it will list all the ones I installed and delete them.

The installed adapters show up in my Device Manager but with errors.

Boomslang:
What do you mean? Does it not bridge your 2 adapters?

DarthMarino:
No, they don't show up at all in network connections.  Just my usual ethernet and wi-fi that were there before.  They appear in my device manager but have errors.

Boomslang:
Hm sorry I'm not sure

Gotta solve that error then

Just googled it and try this

open cmd prompt via Start Menu, 'Windows System', right click on CMD (DOS prompt), More, then select Run as Administrator
on a command line type:

bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks on

This turns off integrity checking of unsigned driver - allows unsigned drivers to be installed
- run / install your software, openVPN TAP software

Test and then run the following to turn integrity checking back on

bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks off

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version