Main > Driving & Racing Cabinets

Link play on San Francisco Rush & all vegas/seattle games

<< < (22/23) > >>

Zeosstud:
Sorry,
          Have not been on here for awhile, been knee deep in my Virtual Pinball restore. I have not tried Rush the Rock, literally only messed with Rust 2049 SE.. If I can free up a little time though, I will be happy to test and report back.

Zeosstud

bimm25e:

--- Quote from: Super-Becker on October 21, 2023, 06:33:12 pm ---I was always curious to know if it was possible to link an original arcade game with an emulator, but I was too embarrassed to ask here on the forum for fear of talking nonsense. So I had the opportunity to purchase an original SFRush arcade, I tested it and to my surprise it worked. However, there are some problems that we already know about. In the video I use a Ryzen 5 5600x 32GB Ram, it doesn't disconnect but it shows instability in the cars. I also tested with a 6th generation Core i5 with 16GB Ram, it always disconnects, whether linked only with Ryzen, only with Arcade or all together. There are interesting details to note in the video, such as the loading time from one screen to another. There are also some repairs to be made to this arcade, such as getting the FFB to work, adjusting the screen geometry, etc. I tried updating to The Rock version following the steps in a YouTube video but it didn't work for me. The game had buggy sound and only had the first four racing tracks. Then I'll make a video and open a topic to see if anyone can help me with this update.

--- End quote ---

Throwing in just a little tidbit here for people looking to troubleshoot linking arcade with real hardware. (SOOO AWESOME!!!!)

San Francisco Rush runs faster in mame than it does on actual hardware. My guess is original hardware actually lags just a little bit or its clock is just a little lower than advertised. Imperceptible but enough to add an entire second to a 5 minute race.

To qualify my opinion ill say i was the world record holder on track 2 until a couple months ago on the actual arcade cabinet and my times are faster in mame than they are on the cab consistently.

vandale:
Maybe try syncing the game to monitor refresh in mame, or vice versa. Turn off frame skipping etc.

Super-Becker:

--- Quote from: bimm25e on March 19, 2024, 02:34:37 pm ---Throwing in just a little tidbit here for people looking to troubleshoot linking arcade with real hardware. (SOOO AWESOME!!!!)

San Francisco Rush runs faster in mame than it does on actual hardware. My guess is original hardware actually lags just a little bit or its clock is just a little lower than advertised. Imperceptible but enough to add an entire second to a 5 minute race.

To qualify my opinion ill say i was the world record holder on track 2 until a couple months ago on the actual arcade cabinet and my times are faster in mame than they are on the cab consistently.

--- End quote ---

In fact, what happens is that in MAME the cart reaches higher speeds, compared to Arcade. I believe the reason is inaccurate emulation.

EDIT: Correction: I meant that in the emulator cars reach maximum speed more easily and not that they run faster. The maximum speed is the same in both.

Super-Becker:

--- Quote from: vandale on April 06, 2024, 06:15:03 am ---Maybe try syncing the game to monitor refresh in mame, or vice versa. Turn off frame skipping etc.

--- End quote ---

It doesn't solve it, unfortunately.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version