Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Teknoparrot runs H2 Overdrive  (Read 13297 times)

VirtuaIceMan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 23, 2024, 08:16:45 pm
Teknoparrot runs H2 Overdrive
« on: December 26, 2019, 11:24:17 am »
It's just been added on the Christmas Day Patreon release. From videos on YouTube it looks like sound isn't working properly yet and there might be some graphics issues, but it works!
Check out my racing game videos, including every PC F1 and Rally game ever, over here: https://www.youtube.com/user/VirtuaIceMan/

MrThunderwing

• Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 03:06:18 pm
  • As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
Re: Teknoparrot runs H2 Overdrive
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2019, 03:35:38 pm »
This is the best Christmas present ever  :afro:! H2Overdrive and Chase HQ 2 were my two personal holy grails of gaming, the two arcade games I most wanted to see get either ported or cracked, and now they're both playable at home. Happy days!

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2024, 05:59:16 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2019, 10:24:17 pm »
Boomslang added force feedback as well.  Pretty awesome guys. 

MrThunderwing

• Online Online
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2020, 07:48:19 am »
I'm kind of surprised by the complete lack of interest this game seems to have generated in this particular subsection of the forum (as evidenced by the complete lack of replies in this thread). This game is like a direct throwback to the arcade racers of old and I was under the impression that there were a lot of folks here that are big fans of the old Midway games of this ilk, like Hydro Thunder and the Rush games.

Are people just getting a bit apathetic in general when it comes to Teknoparrot? I'm not suggesting that everytime an older arcade racing title like this gets cracked it instantly gets met with thunderous applause, but I thought a few more people would be pumped to finally be able to play this particular title at home  :o

DarthMarino

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 06:51:56 am
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2020, 11:16:32 am »
I love games like this so I should be super excited about TeknoParrot but there are just too many shady things about it. Chrome won't even let me get to the website at this point. I have an older version installed but a new game working in MAME will be in instant play for me while I'm kind of ignoring TP for the time being.

2huwman

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 17, 2023, 03:33:32 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2020, 11:55:37 am »
I'm kind of surprised by the complete lack of interest this game seems to have generated in this particular subsection of the forum (as evidenced by the complete lack of replies in this thread). This game is like a direct throwback to the arcade racers of old and I was under the impression that there were a lot of folks here that are big fans of the old Midway games of this ilk, like Hydro Thunder and the Rush games.

Are people just getting a bit apathetic in general when it comes to Teknoparrot? I'm not suggesting that everytime an older arcade racing title like this gets cracked it instantly gets met with thunderous applause, but I thought a few more people would be pumped to finally be able to play this particular title at home  :o

I was really looking forward to this game as well, but I honestly think Hydrothunder Hurricane is a better game, based on my limited play time with H2Overdrive so far. I'll play it some more when the sound issues are sorted out - the sound comes and goes on my PC for no reason that I can fathom.

The game I was really pumped about was Star Wars Battle Pod, which is terrific in my opinion. It's great playing it in a VR headset to get closer to the pod experience.

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2024, 08:20:43 pm
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2020, 03:11:21 pm »
I love games like this so I should be super excited about TeknoParrot but there are just too many shady things about it. Chrome won't even let me get to the website at this point. I have an older version installed but a new game working in MAME will be in instant play for me while I'm kind of ignoring TP for the time being.

The site certificate ran out and hasn't been re-done yet is all, you can just click Advanced then proceed to Teknoparrot.com down the bottom in the meantime

I am a Teknoparrot developer so perhaps im pretty biased but most the "shady things" you hear is BS rumors without any actual base. I have access to the full TP Source and there isn't any dodgy code running to destroy mankind running there lol

Eventually the plan is to open source everything which has been happening for the past 12-18 months slowly as it is

MrThunderwing

• Online Online
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2020, 03:19:07 pm »
 :cheers:

MotownC

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:44:49 pm
  • Reliving my youth, one lap at a time
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2020, 08:01:26 am »
I've been a big fan of TeknoParrot lately. But it wasn't always like that. When I first found out about it, it seemed every game required a special patch or some unique setting that you found wading through another website forum. But now with the latest releases, pretty much every racing game I've tried just works. H2Overdrive is fun and when the sound is 100% it will be that much better. The FFB, of course, is excellent.

xbrunox

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 01:48:30 am
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2020, 10:13:47 am »
With the latest jconfig sound and water are OK! On win 7 6abit

DarthMarino

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 06:51:56 am
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2020, 01:25:35 pm »
Thanks for the information.  I downloaded the latest and tried a few racing games.  Dirty Drivin' seems like dumb fun.  It runs perfectly aside from what appears to be a deadzone issue preventing you from picking some things on the menus though this seems like a known issue.

MrThunderwing

• Online Online
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2020, 02:31:01 pm »
With the latest jconfig sound and water are OK! On win 7 6abit

Awesome, thanks for the heads up on this. Got it working after getting back from work tonight. My X-axis (using a 360 pad) seems weirdly super oversensitive though, even if I try reducing it. I still managed to get a first place on both of the Expert tracks tonight in-spite of that though  8)
H2Overdrive - J-Config WORKING AUDIO(London Underground)

H2Overdrive - J-Config WORKING AUDIO (Down UnderDrive - Reverse)

Trnzaddict

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 24, 2023, 12:12:29 pm
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2020, 06:32:30 pm »
Are they releasing Jurassic Park? I hear chatter about this but not sure if it’s wishful thinking or they are working on a loader? After that I need Terminator Salvation Aliens Armageddon and I’m done collecting arcade PC for good.

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 12:55:20 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2020, 07:45:45 pm »
I've been a big fan of TeknoParrot lately. But it wasn't always like that. When I first found out about it, it seemed every game required a special patch or some unique setting that you found wading through another website forum. But now with the latest releases, pretty much every racing game I've tried just works. H2Overdrive is fun and when the sound is 100% it will be that much better. The FFB, of course, is excellent.

Yeah that was definitely my issue. Amazing emu, amazing work by the coders and the people supporting them, but the patching and config was only for the keen, and finding info was always a massive chore. There was no central source of information or patches.

I haven't updated in ages as i'm only using it for driving, and i'm on CRT, so running at 800x600@50i. This means i have to rotate the screen 90deg to see the whole configuration window, and given i was also using UJR things just get sooooo painstaking. I'm also limited by the the fact framerate is linked to vertical sync on Wangan and the Initial D games, which means i run those at 5/6th speed and so i normally don't bother - I'd love to get them running full speed, but i don't think that can be done, can it?

2huwman

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 17, 2023, 03:33:32 am
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2020, 06:59:14 am »
Anyone know if there are extra tracks in H2Overdrive? I've got it working properly now with the new Jconfig, which seems to have fixed the graphical issues as well as the sound. On the track selection it looks like there's space for an additional medium and hard track!

MrThunderwing

• Online Online
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2020, 01:53:46 pm »
Not that I know of. Be cool if there is though!

MrThunderwing

• Online Online
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2020, 02:35:34 pm »
Are they releasing Jurassic Park? I hear chatter about this but not sure if it’s wishful thinking or they are working on a loader? After that I need Terminator Salvation Aliens Armageddon and I’m done collecting arcade PC for good.

Yep, add in that Raw Thrills Batman game, House of the Dead 5 and I'd likewise be pretty happy to call it a day there too.

MrThunderwing

• Online Online
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2020, 06:08:49 am »
Welp, that's another one crossed off the list:

codeena

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 03, 2023, 06:23:54 pm
  • This site is cool
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2020, 12:03:32 am »
Hi, I just tried this on Teknoparrot, which I'm new to. I would like to use my Logitech G25 for steering and a Thrustmast Flight Stick's throttle for the acceleration/braking. I can map the throttle in the TP UI control settings but hey don't register in game. Does Teknoparrot allow multiple controllers? Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 01:08:24 am by codeena »

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2020, 07:09:28 am »
Yeah should do

You may need to go to settings top left of TPUI and tick boxes under direct input settings

For my wheels I always have to tick all 4 boxes

codeena

• Offline Offline
  • This site is cool
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2020, 07:53:18 pm »
Hey Boomslang, thanks for the reply. Teknoparrot seems to take other device's buttons but it doesn't seem to accept their axes. I'll keep trying though. It also doesn't seem to work with xpadder. I was trying to use both of my G25's front wheel buttons for Batman so I mapped a keyboard stroke to the second button. Also tried Logitech's application to no avail. Is there a way to map a single action like "fire" to two buttons? Thanks again.

codeena

• Offline Offline
  • This site is cool
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2020, 02:20:38 am »
Hi, I got xpadder to work but running it as an administrator.

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2020, 04:23:33 am »
I don't really understand what you mean

you can use multiple axis just fine in TP and certainly don't require xpadder

come to TP discord some time and I can help

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2021, 05:10:38 am »
Bumping this topic

H2Overdrive network should now work for everyone (after updating Teknoparrot)
- All ips must be on the same network prefix x.x.x
- Enter into TPUI just the final segment of your ip eg 192.168.1.2 you would just enter 2 for that machine
- Modify Cabinet ID in test menu if you want it to show correct cab id upon startup
- Huge thanks to Spazzy for helping on this
« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 05:12:55 am by Boomslang »

MrThunderwing

• Online Online
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2022, 11:02:23 am »
A bit of a necro-bump buuuut....

lancelotedaninho

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 12, 2022, 10:58:09 am
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2022, 03:50:12 pm »
Bumping this topic

H2Overdrive network should now work for everyone (after updating Teknoparrot)
- All ips must be on the same network prefix x.x.x
- Enter into TPUI just the final segment of your ip eg 192.168.1.2 you would just enter 2 for that machine
- Modify Cabinet ID in test menu if you want it to show correct cab id upon startup
- Huge thanks to Spazzy for helping on this

How did get that to work?
Im using two PCs directly connected with static IP, 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.2. I use those IP in teknoparrot, modify in test menu 1 and 2 for each PC and still dont work in LAN. Theres one one version of the game or Im doing something wrong ? Almost other LAN games on TP work for me

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2022, 04:17:07 am »
what are you entering into TPUI?

PC1 should just have "1" and PC2 should have "2" on both computers in TeknoParrotUI

lancelotedaninho

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 12, 2022, 10:58:09 am
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2022, 10:23:57 pm »
what are you entering into TPUI?

PC1 should just have "1" and PC2 should have "2" on both computers in TeknoParrotUI

Thanks, it works now !!! I was using my IPs for each PC 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.2  :P

Zeosstud

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 04:16:28 pm
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2024, 07:50:09 pm »
Hello Lan Gamers,
                             Question about H2Overdrive.. I have it setup, cabinet ID's are correct, games see's player 1 and player 2, correctly identifies each player on both cabinets.. all that stuff.. Here is my question / problem.. Should Player 1 be able to actually see Player 2 while in a race, because for the life of me, I swear they do not.. If that is normal, so be it, just seems pretty odd.

Thanks,

Zeosstud

Fursphere

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:56:07 pm
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2024, 10:46:26 am »
Hello Lan Gamers,
                             Question about H2Overdrive.. I have it setup, cabinet ID's are correct, games see's player 1 and player 2, correctly identifies each player on both cabinets.. all that stuff.. Here is my question / problem.. Should Player 1 be able to actually see Player 2 while in a race, because for the life of me, I swear they do not.. If that is normal, so be it, just seems pretty odd.

Thanks,

Zeosstud

I have H2Overdrive running on my Daytona Twin project.   My sons and I have played it quite a bit in LAN mode.   From what i have observed, it is NOT sync'd at all.  And its really just comparing times at the end of the stages.  Sometimes we 'think' we see each other (the screens are side by side so its easy to look) and its really hard to tell. 

If I was to guess, I'd guess bad netcode.   

Zeosstud

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 04:16:28 pm
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2024, 07:00:05 pm »

I have H2Overdrive running on my Daytona Twin project.   My sons and I have played it quite a bit in LAN mode.   From what i have observed, it is NOT sync'd at all.  And its really just comparing times at the end of the stages.  Sometimes we 'think' we see each other (the screens are side by side so its easy to look) and its really hard to tell. 

If I was to guess, I'd guess bad netcode.
[/quote]

Thanks for the confirmation, glad I am not off my rocker.. It would be nice if if was more accurate I guess but it is still fun to play with the wife.. I am very much looking forward to them getting Arctic Thunder working networked.. That might finally be enough for me to try out the Patreon for a bit.

Fursphere

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:56:07 pm
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2024, 07:42:23 pm »
I've never even seen a real H2Overdrive cabinet in the wild, so I have no first hand experience with how they 'should' work.