Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Mame under fire  (Read 3011 times)

defre19766

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2020, 03:46:47 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Mame under fire
« on: February 14, 2020, 03:22:23 pm »
I have problem in mame , before mame games where full screen wide 16:9. Now that i put bezels.
So i needed to unstretch my screen to the bezel. But see because doing this my crossair is out of sight of my shooting. Must i change something in the settings of mame. Or must i just calibrate all those games.

Oh and how do i calibrate for example under fire in mame . Don't see a calibrating option in service menu?
Thx

defre19766

• Offline Offline
Re: Mame under fire
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2020, 01:23:46 pm »
Ok , i got it to work in under fire , terminator 2 , time crisis , alien , carnevil , lethal enforcer 1 .

But some troubles with for example point blank . I go in calibration mode . There i will see 2 arrows in the middle of my screen . it says i must put the dot in the middle between the 2 arrows . But when i put the dot in the middle , my crossais is 1,5cm below . I can not sync it properly . So i am stuck .
How i can i fix this please .
I would think , i will need to first schoot the middle , then the corners . But nothing . After i shoot the dot in the middle there is no further steps ?
Point blank 2 same there , you have a cross in the middle that you must shoot . but nothing further ?

What i don't understand , before i didn't had the this problem with shoot point and crossiar not sync.

If you calibrate a game , where does mame save this ?

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2020, 01:34:01 pm »
The calibration screen on MAME is not a calibration for your guns just for the game itself.
You have to calibrate the guns separately, Using whatever program came with your guns.

defre19766

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2020, 02:37:39 pm »
The calibration screen on MAME is not a calibration for your guns just for the game itself.
You have to calibrate the guns separately, Using whatever program came with your guns.

I am using dolphinbar together with touchmote . No calibration software .

What is the problem here pffff . I setup bezels in rocketlauncher . Bezel load up in game over hyperspin .
But i needed to adjust the screen to my bezel . What i notice now is that the crossair don't adapt to unstretching of my screen .
So before bezel , screen horizontal stretch was all 1.000 , thats for me full screen width .

So it has nothing to do with calibration but with screen size . But how to fix this , is there any setting i must change in general option of mame ?

Zebra

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 19, 2021, 01:12:24 pm
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2020, 08:43:10 pm »
To add to what Titchgamer said, the gun calibration in a game's service menu does not work properly in mame or model 2.

On the original PCB, those calibration screens in the service menu are for making sure the crosshairs line up with your gun's iron sights. In mame, the gun inputs are from a mouse or analog controller. You should only use in-game calibration if the crosshairs in mame are not aligned with the crosshairs in the game.

To make sure your gun's iron sites line up with the crosshairs in mame, you either use the guns own calibration (Aimtrak and Act labs guns both have their own) or you do it in Windows. If your Wii remote driver makes Windows see the remotes as analog controllers, go to the hardware tab in the control panel. Select your device and the calibration option. When it asks you to rotate the handle, carefully go around the screen aiming at each corner.

Realistically, there is a limit to how accurate you'll be able to get a Wii remote so set expectations accordingly. Even if you do a perfect job of calibration, it will drift over time or when you change positions.

If Windows sees your Wii remotes as a mouse, there's probably not much you can do. As far as I know, Windows does not have a calibration option for absolute mouse mode.

defre19766

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2020, 01:03:11 am »
I had mame 218. I installed 212. And problem solved. I think i messed something in the config. This evening i will try again in a new folder with 218.

I knew it because before i almost never needed to calibrate my wiimotes besides terminator or carnevil.

But i am happy its solved. You can really break your head on this kind of problems.

KenToad

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 15, 2024, 02:14:24 pm
  • Flap Flap Flap
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2020, 12:17:50 pm »
I have a dolphin bar. Is it working well with MAME? I seem to remember a shaky cursor, although I never used touchmote.