Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: What have you been playing? Here's what I've been up to  (Read 2464 times)

eds1275

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2024, 10:50:02 am
  • Rock and Roll!
What have you been playing? Here's what I've been up to
« on: December 16, 2019, 01:49:40 pm »
Currently I am doing awful health wise. If you read up on my thread about 2 years ago, I was suffering from headaches and it turns out I had a massive brain tumour, they went in to remove it from my forehead and so I didn't have too much obvious scarring they cut my head from ear to ear across the top and peeled my face off. I was doing excellent for a while, apart from losing the vision in my left eye, but all of a sudden I have crippling headaches and am on disability and off work until they figure out what is going on. They aren't even sure if it is related to the other stuff, but I have a hard time playing games, reading, watching tv, basically anything to do with focusing my eyes. I play a lot of guitar these days, it's not all bad.

I have a bunch of gaming stuff and recently have been trying to "catch up on my gaming" as best I can. I played and beat Dark Souls 2, since I had started it with a friend a long time ago and after about 60 hours of playing he deleted our save and made a new one without telling me... I stopped playing after that. And now I'm nearing the end of the third one. I don't find it overly challenging to be honest. Sure, I die a lot, but the checkpoints are close enough together it's really an inconvenience. I can see why some don't have the patience for it. I personally think that the stats and whatnot are too detailed, it's basically a hack'n'slash with arrows and magic. After playing the second I'm still "in the zone" and doing really well so far. I have also started the Division 2 which is a lot of fun. I don't usually play the online portion of games unless it's with friends. I'm a big tom clancy fiend so I like the references and the nods to other games.

I'm VERY excited for Resident Evil 3 Nemesis to be re-released in the style of RE2. I hope they redo the original because they failed at the latest version. They made it shiny and that's about it. My opinion for remakes, regarldess of format (movie, game, song etc) is that if it was good in the first place, don't mess with it. If it was bad, then don't do it. And if it was good but hindered because the technology of the time was lacking to make it believable, then you better not mess it up. Examples include The Thing, The Fly, and The Transformers. The Thing and The Fly remakes were excellent because they really needed the tech to make the stories work. The new Transformers movies don't even make sense in regards to the story, they are love stories about humans with robots as a sub-plot and the fight scenes look like someone pointed a camera into a box of loose wire and shook it and added explosions. I am currently writing a screenplay for He-Man, for fans of He-Man. As in 32-40 year olds. I doubt it will go anywhere but it's true to the story and very much "adult."

I'm also working on 2 new video games of my own right now, but my laptop died and my desktop is more for my audio editing business so I have to wait until the lappie is fixed. One is another trackball game like my Ramp and Roll one, except it's lawn darts. It's called Head's Up! and the other is a platformer called Embers of Magic. You are a barbarian woman with a magic axe.

ZTylerDurden717

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 07, 2024, 12:52:28 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: What have you been playing? Here's what I've been up to
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2019, 02:20:30 pm »
I've showed my friends Parsec which is game streaming done right in my opinion.

It's amazing how many games we've been playing on it lately.  I'm playing Outward co op with my buddy and we've racked a solid 20+ hours so far.  Up next is some Secret of Mana co op.  I also jumped in with some Cuphead cause my friend needed help beating bosses.

The big game changer is Smash Bros for Wii U via emulation.  The emulator doesn't have any Netplay functionality so Parsec solves that puzzle.  We've gotten our friends to pick up a controller and join us, making it about 8 of us.  Smash supports up to 8 people which is ---smurfing--- chaos but a whole lot of fun anyway.