Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Wiring Mame PC into DK upright  (Read 1013 times)

mrchrister

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 15, 2024, 10:39:26 am
Wiring Mame PC into DK upright
« on: December 14, 2019, 02:28:13 pm »
Hey guys, just a quick question. I would like to wire my Mame PC into my Donkey Kong machine (Don't worry, it still is wired up to also play the original PCB)
I'm just getting the hang with using the multimeter so I thought I'd rather ask before doing the next step.
My plan is to cut the wire coming from the PC and connecting it to the screw in terminal (white and brown wires) together with the original equipment.
I measured the voltage and it receives 115V coming from the cable leading outside the cabinet. I'm just not sure if it will create problems with 110V -> 100V transformer if I have another electrical source drawing power.

Is this a bad idea? What's the best way to do this?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 02:42:14 pm by mrchrister »

mrchrister

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 15, 2024, 10:39:26 am
Re: Wiring Mame PC into DK upright
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2019, 04:26:37 am »
It worked the way I described it! Thank you for your attention :)