Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Has progress been made with mame Teraburst / Konami Viper recently?  (Read 3081 times)

Zebra

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 19, 2021, 01:12:24 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
I've been waiting for unported Konami arcade games like Teraburst and Jurassic Park 3 for a while but I've never seen them working in mame. Someone posted this vid of Teraburst working (ish) on Youtube:

So, I tried again but no dice. Has anyone here got this game working and, if so, what version of mame and what PC specs do you use?

My main mame pc is an Intel I7 3930k 6 core 4.2ghz. It runs other early 3d games like Ridge Racer and Time Crisis just fine. I'm wondering if this is a hardware or software issue.

dougan78

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 21, 2023, 10:19:44 pm
Re: Has progress been made with mame Teraburst / Konami Viper recently?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2019, 05:38:14 pm »
How long do I need to wait on the green numbers and letters in the upper left.  Seems like they cycle but doesn’t boot.  Mame .213.

Thanks

Zebra

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2019, 02:26:07 pm »
How long do I need to wait on the green numbers and letters in the upper left.  Seems like they cycle but doesn’t boot.  Mame .213.

Thanks

I was similarly unable to make it run. I was hoping someone here would be able to tell us if it really works and if so, how? It wouldn't be the first time I've been down a mame rabbit hole based on a YouTube video...

The guy in the video appears to have found a way to make it run in mame 203 using a few tricks but I'm not clear on what he did (other than open mame and click on the rom).

I thought maybe someone involved in mame development might frequent this site but, asking the "mame team" anything is like asking God. You never get an answer and you're not sure if anyone is actually there.

haynor666

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 03:17:30 am
  • retro maniac
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2019, 04:08:33 pm »
Pressing F2 on green letters does not work?

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 09:46:22 pm
  • Designated spam hunter
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2019, 05:21:01 pm »
Info.dat is your friend.

http://mameinfo.mameworld.info/

Browse the contents using your Front End or open it in wordpad and search for "$info=terabrst" or "$info=jpark3" to see what changed in which version of MAME.

JP3:
- No changes since 0.186.
- Has a note "CompactFlash required" and mentions NVRAM.
- You may need to initialize the game. (check gameinit.dat)

TB:
Bugs:

- Gun control is broken. iceman2004cny / F1ReB4LL (ID 00315)
"ID 00315" points to this entry on the MAME Testers site: https://mametesters.org/view.php?id=315

You might get it working like the guy in the video does with an earlier version.   :dunno
- 0.199: Allows gun to work with default settings in Teraburst. Added input port definitions [Ted Green].

In case you are using a "no-nag" build, here's a relevant observation from that MAME Testers entry that might explain why the game isn't functioning properly and why the MAMEDevs aren't replying.   ::)
this game has NOT WORKING status.

Scott

Zebra

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2019, 01:57:54 pm »
I'm aware what the mame status is and normally I wouldn't bother with a non-working game but there is a video on Youtube of a guy playing it and talking as though he's found a way to make it work. As Teraburst is a game I want to play and is not currently available to play on any home system, I thought I'd ask here in case someone knew how to get the same results as the YouTube guy.

I wasn't really expecting an answer from mame devs because they never answer anything regardless if games are listed as working or not. Being a help desk for people with trouble loading games is not what they're about (which I find understandable).