Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Error 60 on an NSM Old Fashioned Wizard  (Read 3562 times)

Echoic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2021, 05:19:02 am
Error 60 on an NSM Old Fashioned Wizard
« on: December 13, 2019, 07:49:15 am »
I am looking for help troubleshooting Error 60.  I have checked all the fuses I can find and checked all the connections.  The jukebox has enough power to light up but it can not do anything else.  It won't even turn the pages. I do not know what I might need to replace.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Echoic

• Offline Offline
Re: Error 60 on an NSM Old Fashioned Wizard
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2019, 07:41:08 pm »
CD player connection faulty; No voltage at CD player or decoder.

Check connection to decoder board;
Check fuses.

Echoic

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2019, 07:45:41 pm »
I have downloaded the manual but my jukebox does not look anything like the graphics.  I do not know if there is a fuse hidden or if they are all in plain sight.  I do not even know where the decoder board is.

Ken Layton

• Guru
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 12:25:59 am
  • Technician
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2019, 09:45:09 pm »
NSM was bought out by Rowe-Ami (now called Ami Entertainment) several years ago.

Here is where you can get some help:

https://amientertainment.com/nsm/

Echoic

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2019, 01:34:43 pm »
Thank you for replying.  I tried calling that number but they were no help.  They said they only offer support for the digital models.

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:47:13 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2019, 05:18:58 pm »
unfortunately those NSM models are SUPER complicated. it's German over-engineering at it's best. the wiring schematics are even in German with some engaleese sprinkled throughout. not too bad once you figure out the colors in German...

red — rot
orange — orange
yellow — gelb
green — grün
blue — blau
purple — lila
gray — grau
brown — braun
beige — beige
white — weiß
black — schwarz

the main power enters the amp board in the long plug with the multi colors on the left side at the back of the case (behind the CPU board) there should be a row of fuses there) check them all. while you are at it, unplug that connector and plug it back in again a few times....it can get corrosion on it and cycling the connector off and on again cleans it off.

check the plugs going into the CD unit...this is what the machine is complaining about. there is a circuit board inside the CD player cabinet...that is the decoder board. check it's plugs too. something may have come loose.

it's not out of the realm of possibility you have low power at your socket. check it with a volt meter.

on some of those machines, if you where to pull the bottom metal plate out of the bottom of the cabinet, you'd see several "taps" for the power transformer. you'd set it to the closest voltage you have at your wall. I personally have never had to mess with it, but someone may have messed with yours previously if the voltage it was at was high. it could cause your system voltage to be low or marginal. it's can't hurt to CHECK it. (no touchy though)

standard disclaimer applies, setting the voltage is hazardous and somewhat complicated, and best left unless you have the manual that explains the procedure...as incorrectly setting it can cause nasty things to happen including but not limited to killing you and/or burning your house down.

Echoic

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2019, 03:27:35 am »
Thank you so much for the detailed response.  I checked the 5 fuses on the board in the back left and removed the connectors a couple times. I am still having trouble finding the decoder board.  When I look behind the cd trays I do not see any connectors.  Maybe I have to take the back off?

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:47:13 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2019, 12:02:35 pm »
yes, you must disassemble the CD unit to gain access to the decoder board.

Echoic

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2019, 05:35:54 pm »
Thank you so much for your help.  I really appreciate your time.  If nothing else I am learning about the jukebox :) I got to the decoder board and the wires seemed OK.  Unfortunately my problems were not resolved.

I have looked into getting a professional in for help but no one in this area seems to work on these jukeboxes, only old record ones or newer ones.

When I turn the jukebox on the lights come on the fan starts to go.  The fan immediately stops and 30 seconds later I get the error 60.  The whole machine seems to be lagging.  I can add credits but it is very slow. I can hit the number buttons but there is a delay.  Trying to turn the cd pages does nothing. I tried audio out and music comes out faintly (It sounds like it is not using the amp).  When I put it in service mode it will actually register the cds and go through its cd inspection process.

I don't know if these problems can be attributed to one thing or if a couple things are wrong.  A memory board and a fuse I don't see?  The last time the jukebox worked it got stuck on a song and would not stop or reject.  The machine was turned off mid play and never worked again.