Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: questions for the wise  (Read 1612 times)

vandale

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 06, 2024, 06:15:03 am
  • Id 10 and t error
questions for the wise
« on: December 07, 2019, 10:05:14 pm »
Hi everyone, Ive got a few questions relating to a bunch of things that fit in this topic, hopefully somebody can help.

1. I see videos on youtube of people running virtua racing in mame @1080p and it looks great. Im running VR in link mode at the native res which is cool but I would love to know how they achieve that. Ive tried things like the -res switch but no matter what I do it just doesn't change.

2. Arcade PC dumps like Sega golden gun, Rambo, transformers and operation ghost, can they be played with 2 aimtraks? Im currently running Model 3 with dual aimtraks and getting board of Jurassic Park.

3. What front end are people using for Arcade PC racers running in Teknoparrot? If Hyperspin then are you using Rocket Launch also?

Looking forward to some great answers.

Cheers

buttersoft

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 12:55:20 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
Re: questions for the wise
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2019, 05:01:15 pm »
1. Which version of MAME and what does it report on the info screen? I'm forcing 800x600@50 on GM via a VM.ini file, and it works fine for me and networks and everything.

2. No idea, sorry.

3. AttractMode here. I did have to make an AHK script for each game to deliver the exit key, and force crash if that fails, and then wait a second so AM comes back to focus properly.

vandale

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 06, 2024, 06:15:03 am
  • Id 10 and t error
Re: questions for the wise
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2019, 02:25:17 pm »
1. Which version of MAME and what does it report on the info screen? I'm forcing 800x600@50 on GM via a VM.ini file, and it works fine for me and networks and everything.

2. No idea, sorry.

3. AttractMode here. I did have to make an AHK script for each game to deliver the exit key, and force crash if that fails, and then wait a second so AM comes back to focus properly.

Great, thanks for the info. I will look into your suggestions. Thanks