Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Arcade1Up Street Fighter Mods and Control Options  (Read 3008 times)

N00dle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 18, 2019, 12:48:20 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Arcade1Up Street Fighter Mods and Control Options
« on: December 03, 2019, 11:28:34 pm »
So I have been planning and planning a RetroPie machine for a while now and have a Pi setup for it with an 8Bit controller and that's about it.

I have been eyeballing a custom cabinet and such but recently decided due to sales to grab an Arcade1Up Street Fighter cab to get a lite start on this project.

So my questions:

Hotkey - I know I can program a button combo for this function but kind of want one single button for this function to back out to the main RetroPie menu more for others and ease of use.

Coin in - I can certainly set up more buttons for this but has anyone done it so they add a double coin door and then can press in the coin return button to actually select add coin?

Joysticks and Buttons - are there any that fit right in the same mounting holes? i.e. are the mounting holes standard for joysticks.  Looking at Sanwa JAW or similar for replacements.Don't have to be Sanwa but would like at least 3rd party similar. I was thinking about the MagStik so i could switch from 8way to 4way but really that would only be for Pac Man and DK, still don't want to have to open the control board just for a couple of games.  Don't like the loud clicks of that though.

What would be my best option not wanting to break the bank (if i did I would build a full custom kit)

Most all the kits I've seen that people and mods recommend are the LED light up kinds.  I don't need this.  I want to have or swap to bat handles and maybe some descent buttons.

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:51:43 pm
Re: Arcade1Up Street Fighter Mods and Control Options
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2019, 06:01:30 pm »
So I have been planning and planning a RetroPie machine for a while now and have a Pi setup for it with an 8Bit controller and that's about it.

I have been eyeballing a custom cabinet and such but recently decided due to sales to grab an Arcade1Up Street Fighter cab to get a lite start on this project.

So my questions:

Hotkey - I know I can program a button combo for this function but kind of want one single button for this function to back out to the main RetroPie menu more for others and ease of use.

Coin in - I can certainly set up more buttons for this but has anyone done it so they add a double coin door and then can press in the coin return button to actually select add coin?

Joysticks and Buttons - are there any that fit right in the same mounting holes? i.e. are the mounting holes standard for joysticks.  Looking at Sanwa JAW or similar for replacements.Don't have to be Sanwa but would like at least 3rd party similar. I was thinking about the MagStik so i could switch from 8way to 4way but really that would only be for Pac Man and DK, still don't want to have to open the control board just for a couple of games.  Don't like the loud clicks of that though.

What would be my best option not wanting to break the bank (if i did I would build a full custom kit)

Most all the kits I've seen that people and mods recommend are the LED light up kinds.  I don't need this.  I want to have or swap to bat handles and maybe some descent buttons.

They are standard button\joystick hole sizes. Order whatever you like.

I've seen a couple successful mods using a coin door and the reject buttons. Give it a go.

You can put an admin button on your CP and like it, some people do. You can always re-purpose it for a pause, or something if you end up not needing it.

daywane

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 11, 2022, 07:18:07 am
  • GRRRR!
Re: Arcade1Up Street Fighter Mods and Control Options
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2019, 12:25:15 am »
i took out the on\off and volume switches. Took a file and rounded out the holes, these are my select buttons.
start \ select pressed together exits game . select set up as hot key. Select when alone pushed is coin.
The hot key is set when you configure your buttons and joysticks. last input on menu is hot key.
PM me and I can help more.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 03:32:25 am by daywane »