Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Revenge of the Bird King (switch)  (Read 4178 times)

bigster

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 16, 2022, 08:24:40 pm
Revenge of the Bird King (switch)
« on: December 02, 2019, 02:22:51 pm »
I got revenge of Bird King when it was 9 cents on eshop.   I figured I would give this short review because I could not find much about the game when I bought it. There were no reviews and most of the buzz online was about some questionable decisions regarding the physical release of the ps4 version. 

It took about 20 minutes to get used to controls and gameplay but after that it was good.  The game plays and looks like a great NES game.  Has a zelda 2 like overworld.  Great for fans of NES platformers.  It plays nice on switch.  Gameplay is short but worth the price tag, especially if you see it pop up on sale. 

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

bigster

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 16, 2022, 08:24:40 pm
Re: Revenge of the Bird King (switch)
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2020, 05:18:10 pm »
This is 1 penny right now on switch.  It is worth a cent to check the game out if you want an odd mega man 2 + zelda 2 mashup

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/revenge-of-the-bird-king-switch/

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

TacoTownCharlie

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:57:42 am
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2020, 05:50:11 pm »
Thanks Bigster. I think I saw that when I was on the eShop. I think I might buy a gift card so I can pick up these fire sale priced games without having to put my Visa card number every time.
TTC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 15, 2024, 10:59:21 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2020, 12:51:07 am »
I had some gold coins so that's as close to free as one could possibly get no matter how you look at it.  Thanks for the heads up.