Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Mike A crawls out of the stone age  (Read 7394 times)

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 10:12:04 am
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
Re: Mike A crawls out of the stone age
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2019, 12:46:40 pm »
Sign up for medical testing, that's mostly how I fund my piles of unopened games.  You get to act all smug like, "I'm doing my part for human health" and spend money on stupid ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- you don't need.  Win-win.

Mike A

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 08:21:05 am
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2019, 12:57:03 pm »
You might be on to something there. I just looked up a study near me. It says completion of a 4 treatment study pays up to 3500 bucks.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 15, 2024, 10:59:21 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2019, 01:04:43 pm »
I'm always afraid if I do one of those studies they'll finally figure out what is wrong with me and have me committed.  ;)

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2019, 01:29:12 pm »
Eh, I've done a few and they've been mostly okay.  One was for a guy doing time perception (he had a miniseries on PBS about the brain a few years back).  I sat in a tiny, dark room staring at a computer screen doing countdowns over and over.  My task was to say which one was faster.  I got a case of chicken wings and handle of rum with that.

Done a few allergy medication trials.  One was awful and required tons of pill swallowing and checking in every few hours with a cellular Palm pilot.  The other one I just used a nasal spray once a day.  Got 2 HDTVs and a JTAGed Xbox 360 with that money.

Earlier this year, I was strapped into a chair, had a mask molded to my face, no lights, white noise in the ears, and a platform would move in one direction while the image on the screen in front of me moved another.  My task was to use a joystick to move to where I thought a circle had flashed on the screen.  5 hours! That was honestly one of the most traumatic experiences of my life.  They came back and asked if I was interested in doing more sessions!  Only time in my life I've walked away from "free" money.   :lol

Anyway, the $100 I made from that funded booze and chicken wings at ZapCon.  So, I hope it was worth it, Mike.... and Ond... and TacoTownCharlie....and Arroyo... and Opt2Not.... and Nephasth... and all you other ---daisies--- that ate 10lbs of my chicken wings.

Did a chikungunya vaccine trial that bought my plane ticket to Zapcon...

Lately I've been doing a flu study.  Seasonal shot plus an amplifier to see if it would be more effective.  $600, so that's been nice.

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 08:21:05 am
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2019, 01:34:02 pm »
Offer me chicken wings at your own peril. I was reeallly drunk.

Hit me up for some cash before you shop this time. I will be happy to pitch in.

We will see if they let me rob the hotel pantry bare everyday again this year.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 01:35:44 pm by Mike A »

opt2not

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 02, 2024, 07:42:30 pm
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2019, 02:38:42 pm »
It was worth it. Those were some good wings.

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2019, 02:40:01 pm »
Eh, I've done a few and they've been mostly okay.  One was for a guy doing time perception (he had a miniseries on PBS about the brain a few years back).  I sat in a tiny, dark room staring at a computer screen doing countdowns over and over.  My task was to say which one was faster.  I got a case of chicken wings and handle of rum with that.

Done a few allergy medication trials.  One was awful and required tons of pill swallowing and checking in every few hours with a cellular Palm pilot.  The other one I just used a nasal spray once a day.  Got 2 HDTVs and a JTAGed Xbox 360 with that money.

Earlier this year, I was strapped into a chair, had a mask molded to my face, no lights, white noise in the ears, and a platform would move in one direction while the image on the screen in front of me moved another.  My task was to use a joystick to move to where I thought a circle had flashed on the screen.  5 hours! That was honestly one of the most traumatic experiences of my life.  They came back and asked if I was interested in doing more sessions!  Only time in my life I've walked away from "free" money.   :lol

Anyway, the $100 I made from that funded booze and chicken wings at ZapCon.  So, I hope it was worth it, Mike.... and Ond... and TacoTownCharlie....and Arroyo... and Opt2Not.... and Nephasth... and all you other ---daisies--- that ate 10lbs of my chicken wings.

Lately I've been doing a flu study.  Seasonal shot plus an amplifier to see if it would be more effective.  $600, so that's been nice.

You will need 2 sessions this time mate with me and Mrs Titch coming LOL

nitrogen_widget

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 30, 2024, 09:10:09 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2019, 08:28:14 am »

oh man. now you got me interested.
Local collage is looking for fat people to take omega 3 and eat high fat meals.

tempting.
probably just a $20 gift card but I should start small. :)

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2019, 10:01:26 am »
They’re having that same study here but I’m too healthy for it.

:'(