Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Cyber Trooper Virtual-On controls in Sega M2 emulator  (Read 4965 times)

Extreme Jen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 19, 2020, 07:57:50 pm
Cyber Trooper Virtual-On controls in Sega M2 emulator
« on: November 27, 2019, 09:56:18 pm »
Hello. This is the first time I've ever posted to any forum ever so I've probably done something wrong already...

I'm trying to play Cyber Troopers Virtual-On in the Sega m2 emulator. The game works fine. I have x-input turned on and it recognizes my button inputs just fine. The issue is that it won't recognize when I use both sticks at the same time. It will just do whatever input it recognized first. So I can't move straight forward, straight back, rotate in place, or jump. I tried just using the keyboard but it has the same issue. Is there a way to fix this?

XSFDriver

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 28, 2023, 11:02:22 pm
Re: Cyber Trooper Virtual-On controls in Sega M2 emulator
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2019, 11:30:07 pm »
Have you gone into "Configure Controls", in Model2 emu, once the game is running and mapped the two sticks separately?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 03:30:33 am by XSFDriver »

Extreme Jen

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2019, 05:51:17 am »
First thing I did when starting the game was configure the controls. Here's my configuration:

Left Stick Up                            Joy 1 Up 2       
Left Stick Down                        Joy 1 Down 2
Left Stick Left                          Joy 1 Left 2
Left Stick Right                        Joy 1 Right 2
Left Stick Trigger                      Joy 1 L. Trigger
Left Stick Button                      Joy 1 L. Shoulder
Player 1 Start                          Joy 1 Start
Player 1 Coin                           Joy 1 Back
Right Stick Up                          Joy 1 Up 3
Right Stick Down                      Joy 1 Down 3
Right Stick Left                        Joy 1 Left 3
Right Stick Right                      Joy 1 Right 3
Right Stick Trigger                    Joy 1 R. Trigger
Right Stick Button                    Joy 1 R. Shoulder

I'm using an xbox 360 controller. I also went into the test menu and went to input test. It recognizes all the buttons but when I try to use both sticks along the same axis at the same time it will only recognize the left stick. It does recognize the right stick when I use it alone though.

XSFDriver

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2019, 02:58:13 am »
Yeah, I see you've covered the basics there. Unfortunately I don't own an xbox controller, but I'll dig up the controllers I do have and do some tests with them (Logitech gamepad and playstation2 & 3 controllers) and see if I get the same results as you have... I'll get back to ya, unless anyone else can shed some light on the issue... who's got an xbox controller with the same problem?
Cheers  :cheers:

XSFDriver

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2019, 07:53:49 am »
I've done tests with two other controllers, but even the Logitech gamepad and the PS2 controllers both did the same thing.... after configuring properly within the Model2 emu, then going into the "input test" with F2, one stick cancels out the others axis direction!?!?

I even tried "tricking it" by using "Joycur", and mapped keys to the left & right sticks within Model2, then mapped those keys to the matching directions on both sticks, but no dice... same thing happened in the "input test" :banghead:. At least you know it's not your controller but something within the game itself.

I know from reading through this forum that there are "more ways to skin a cat" though, maybe there are other ways to correct this glitch within the coding, but I'm still learning myself, and don't know enough yet to help you more... maybe an ".lua" file in the Model2 "scripts" folder to modify the way the inputs are handled, but you'd have to get advice from someone else who understands the coding.

I'm wondering if anyone else out there has come across this issue?

Anyway, sorry I couldn't be more helpful, good luck.

Cheers  :cheers:

Extreme Jen

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2019, 05:46:24 pm »
Well if its an issue with the code than it is way out of my depth. Thanks for trying though  :)

jonbenderr

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 01, 2023, 07:29:08 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2019, 07:08:50 am »
There is an older thread around here about this.  The latest version of M2 emulator does not support multiple button/joystick movements at the same time.

There is an older version of M2 that WILL work however.

I believe it version .9??

It's still out there as I was able to get it and it works flawlessly for virtua on.

Extreme Jen

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2019, 09:58:34 am »
So I tried v.9 and it does indeed work. The only difference I can see is that you have to map one stick as player 1 and the other stick as player 2. The latest version doesn't have player 1 and 2 options in the controller config. I guess I'll just be using the older version to play this game then. Thanks for the tip  :applaud:

Zebra

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 19, 2021, 01:12:24 pm
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2019, 03:41:22 pm »
Good old Model 2 emulator - it gets a little bit worse with every update (like my Nvidia Shield).

Is anyone still working on that emulator? It's been a WIP without any actual P for as long as I've used it.

The previous release is the one to use as it works with Troubleshooter which allows you to compensate for some of it's control limitations (like only offering mouse control for fixed gun games). I run it to use my analog arcade guns on positional gun games.

hwoarang45

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 21, 2020, 01:04:39 am
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2020, 01:02:38 am »
So I tried v.9 and it does indeed work. The only difference I can see is that you have to map one stick as player 1 and the other stick as player 2. The latest version doesn't have player 1 and 2 options in the controller config. I guess I'll just be using the older version to play this game then. Thanks for the tip  :applaud:

hi i cant seems to find v.09 around can u email me?

jonbenderr

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 01, 2023, 07:29:08 am
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2020, 09:51:04 am »
If you scroll down the main M2/Nebula site, you will see an entry "Model 2 Emulator 0.9"

The download for that version is linked at the end of the entry.

http://nebula.emulatronia.com/index.php