Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Roadblasters  (Read 14600 times)

wp34

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2022, 09:48:19 pm
Re: Roadblasters
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2021, 04:56:50 pm »
This one has been sitting in my basement for months.  I haven't had time to tear down the CP and sandblast the coin door and pedal.  We are having a party Saturday and under extreme pressure from my family I'm putting the cabinet back together before the parts are all ready.

For starters I picked up a fantastic repro cardboard bezel from JoeyCuda on KLOV.
https://forums.arcade-museum.com/threads/reproduction-cardboard-monitor-bezels-2019.451534/

These things are just fantastic.  Mine came in two pieces you tape together.  Everything is die cut so and ready to fold.

It was a little tricky to install the glass over it but that was mostly user-error.  It looks fantastic behind the glass and you can't see the seams.

I bought a new CPO and Marquee from This Old Game.  You can see here how bad the old one was.  I also replaced the bulb and starter and was happy to see light!

The PCB had been removed and I was slightly shocked the cabinet fired up the first try.  Atari did a good job with the connectors.  Everything made sense and I didn't even need to reference the pictures I took beforehand.

The monitor looks much better than I remembered.  A good cleaning probably helped.  It has a decent amount of burn-in but I think I'm the only one that will notice.

I'll likely keep this one playable until the fall and then take it back apart to finish the CP, pedal and coin door.  The Yoke is very loose and the springs are loud so a rebuild is in order.