Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Scud Race / Super GT FFB questions  (Read 2851 times)

vholfx

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 25, 2022, 10:21:00 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Scud Race / Super GT FFB questions
« on: November 20, 2019, 10:38:33 am »
Hello,

So I recently got a Scud Race cab that is in decent condition, everything works. However, I'm not 100% sure about the FFB behaviour, mainly because I really don't remember how it felt years ago then when I played it in the arcades (I mostly played Daytona 2).

It's hard to explain, I don't feel much kickback when I crash into other cars or against walls, I do feel it when I make hard turns. Is there any way to "test" the FFB? other than trying to remember how it felt in other machines? Can (or should) anything be adjusted in the drive board or the motor itself?

Thanks
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 09:23:29 am by vholfx »

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 08:15:07 pm
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Scur Rare / Super GT FFB questions
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2019, 09:27:51 pm »
Your description of the ffb sounds excatly like how it feels in super model. Seems to confirm my suspicions that the ffb in the game really is rather lackluster compared to other games from Sega. You get hardly any rumble or track surface details at all and the only effect that seems to deliver any significant force is wheel torque when turning left or right. A shame really. I wonder if Boomslang could do anything to improve it?

vholfx

• Offline Offline
Re: Scur Rare / Super GT FFB questions
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2019, 08:19:35 am »
I also swapped Scud Race for Daytona 2 in the Scud cab. FFB feels off for Daytona 2 also, but I'm assuming the drive board for Scud is not 100% compatible and needs specific roms for Daytona, or at least that's my understanding from what I've read around.

vholfx

• Offline Offline
Re: Scud Race / Super GT FFB questions
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2019, 07:22:23 pm »
Sorry, who's Boomslang?  :o

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 15, 2024, 10:59:21 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2019, 11:42:37 pm »
Umm his posts are basically plastered over this entire forum.  You might want to look around next time before you ask. 

XSFDriver

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 28, 2023, 11:02:22 pm
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2019, 12:53:08 am »
Sorry, but I had to chime in here... ;D
Sorry, who's Boomslang?  :o
...just one of the many "Game Guru's" (in their many forms) on here... this might interest you:
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,157734.0.html

I've been reading SO much on this forum, it's just that much to process how many people and projects are going on this site, you've gotta love it if gaming is in your blood. I just can't wait to get back into a few game projects (temporarily shelved) once these house reno's are finished (and my car shell is back from gettin' resprayed)
By the way Howard, I've been buried in this lately, some damn good readin'...
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,130891.0.html
...wouldn't mind messing with it in the future (see above) :hissy:

...anyway, that's my two cents worth  :soapbox: ...I'll shut up now and go back to readin' and being jealous of all of you lot :lol

Good luck with your Scud race cab, post some more pic's as you go (always good for inspiration)
Cheers  :cheers:

vholfx

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2019, 08:33:40 pm »
Umm his posts are basically plastered over this entire forum.  You might want to look around next time before you ask.

I can search and read his posts, but that doesn't tell me who he is or how he is perceived in the community so I think it's a valid question Howard.

Back to reading too, I'm learning heaps of things thanks to you all.