Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Control Panel Art Work Help  (Read 2922 times)

djvoodoo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 20, 2019, 06:09:46 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Control Panel Art Work Help
« on: November 18, 2019, 04:30:58 am »
Hi All,

I am just designing my latest upright cab and i have gotten onto the artwork side and i am struggling to find any info on the below.

Now my control panel i want it to have text and shapes around the buttons (like the attachment. not mine just found it on the net). I have designed the cab in autocad so its all to scale and i have photoshop and illustrator but i have no idea how to make a template for the artwork, so i can add images and have the button overlay on top. So that when i print it, it will be to scale and can be applied to my panel and it lines up and fits perfectly. Also for the sides too.

So in so many words how do i make a template in Illustrator or photoshop like the attachment (as that is designed to perfectly fit the cab)

Thanks for reading :-)

DaleDoback

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 01, 2023, 09:33:11 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Control Panel Art Work Help
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2019, 01:56:28 am »
Measure everything.
Add a half inch border in all sides for bleed and that’s it.
It’s basically measure and overlay the art on the control panel and cut holes.
Easy peasy