Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Hyperspin Joytokey.ini Error  (Read 5433 times)

hypergaming

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 04, 2022, 09:51:07 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Hyperspin Joytokey.ini Error
« on: November 13, 2019, 08:59:22 pm »
Hi friends!

I have an installation of Hyperspin with just MAME games ( no other systems, just MAME ), in the past this install was being use with an IPAC encoder.

I built my own cabinet and want to use this Hyperspin installation with my new Zero Delay encoder button set, at the moment I haven't been able to configure anything because I cant even access a MAME game to use my keyboard to configure keys yet.

here is the error I get when I  hit " enter " on my keyboard to enter a game:

***" You are using Keymapper support but are not up-to-date with JoytoKey or cannot find JoyToKey.ini c:/Hyperspin\Hyperlaunch\Profiles\JoyToKey
Please Make sure you are running JoyToKey v5.1.0 or later. "***

The confusion is that I have a higher version of Joytokey installed already ( see image attached )
I also have the Joytokey.ini file in the profiles folder, is visible when I see it via windows explorer but not  when I try to look for it via Hyperlaunch. ( see image )

attached are some images of the settings in Hyperlaunch, can someone tell be what I can do in order to bypass this error and be able to play MAME games! Thanks everyone so much :)

hypergaming

• Offline Offline
Re: Hyperspin Joytokey.ini Error
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2019, 09:55:45 pm »
wow, not one comment or suggestion to fix my problem, I guess this is more complicated than I thought. I still appreciate everyone that took the time to read it. :)

Arroyo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 11:53:53 am
  • Budgets are boring
    • newforum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,156267.0.html
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2019, 10:52:57 pm »
wow, not one comment or suggestion to fix my problem, I guess this is more complicated than I thought. I still appreciate everyone that took the time to read it. :)

You need to specify the location of your Joy-to-Key program.  It’s that tab that you have in the last picture.....you haven’t specified the location therefore when RocketLauncher is trying to load it, it doesn’t know where it is.

hypergaming

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2019, 11:19:28 pm »
thanks for popping in, could you tell me how to do that? I don't have it clear if I have to create a Hyperspin profile, or a default profile? can you tell me specifically how to do this?

thank you! :)

Arroyo

• Offline Offline
  • Budgets are boring
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2019, 11:21:49 pm »
Let me see if I can hook up my LCD tonight and refresh my memory on the steps...Basically though you click the green plus sign and browse to your joy2key.ini if memory serves....I’ll confirm.

hypergaming

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2019, 12:03:13 am »
awesome, I appreciate the help. I'll be looking for your info in the morning, thanks again man! :)

Arroyo

• Offline Offline
  • Budgets are boring
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2019, 09:28:54 am »
Hey man,  apologies I couldn’t get to this till now.  But I believe your issue lies here:

This is where you specify the location of your Joy2Key program.  If you browse to where it is located and select it, then it should clear up your problems.