Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: HSN Limited Pac-Man with riser, and 4 games - exclusive  (Read 6609 times)

negative1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 04, 2024, 04:06:51 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
HSN Limited Pac-Man with riser, and 4 games - exclusive
« on: November 12, 2019, 02:01:26 pm »

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 05:37:55 pm
  • This plan is foolproof
Re: HSN Limited Pac-Man with riser, and 4 games - exclusive
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2019, 02:11:09 pm »
The guy in the thumbnail found the best use for one of those cabs.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 05:29:33 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2019, 11:26:33 pm »
I didn't realize the home shopping network hired Elven folk.  He's gotta be 5'6" tops. 

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 05:37:55 pm
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2019, 07:59:30 am »
They are always trying to make those things look bigger than they are. I should hire them to talk about my dick.

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 19, 2024, 06:19:27 pm
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2019, 12:50:39 pm »
The amount of dudes putting in home arcades with these A1UPs is staggering. Seems I see a couple new home arcades daily. I suspect once these guys tire of using the space for machines no one is playing, they'll sell them off. Personally, the star wars one really has me intrigued. I've been exploring ditching my full size and getting a mini so I can put another game in its place.

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:58:57 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2019, 01:54:02 pm »
The amount of dudes putting in home arcades with these A1UPs is staggering. Seems I see a couple new home arcades daily. I suspect once these guys tire of using the space for machines no one is playing, they'll sell them off. Personally, the star wars one really has me intrigued. I've been exploring ditching my full size and getting a mini so I can put another game in its place.
No way. Full size or GTFO.
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

leapinlew

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2019, 08:33:13 pm »

I'm still debating it!

I know it's still pretty cool to hate on them for their size, but I seem to remember all of us loving the form factor on Chucks build: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,152903.0.html Seems to me it's around the same size. If it plays good, and that's a big if, I could put in a full size Defender, and my mini games would be Gorf and Star Wars.

I have room for 2 more Arcade1up sized games. That's why I'm looking at the form factor.  :dunno

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:58:57 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2019, 09:26:35 pm »

I'm still debating it!

I know it's still pretty cool to hate on them for their size, but I seem to remember all of us loving the form factor on Chucks build: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,152903.0.html Seems to me it's around the same size. If it plays good, and that's a big if, I could put in a full size Defender, and my mini games would be Gorf and Star Wars.

I have room for 2 more Arcade1up sized games. That's why I'm looking at the form factor.  :dunno

It’s not hating on the A1Up as much as the original  is such an iconic cabinet. I could see getting an A1Up if you didn’t have a SW already, but downgrading from an original seems... wrong.
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 05:29:33 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2019, 11:10:52 pm »
Also Gorf or Tron would look stupid as an a1up because they would never take the time to mimic that iconic cabinet shape.    I think they are on to something with the Star Wars cab.... that's an experience you can't easily replicate at home.  Maybe do a desktop Afterburner or Outrun. 

I don't get the dudes making a mini arcade with these things.  At full retail these guys are 3-400 bucks.  It might need some work, but depending upon the particular game you can usually get the actual cabinet for that amount. 

leapinlew

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2019, 05:44:07 pm »
At full retail these guys are 3-400 bucks.  It might need some work, but depending upon the particular game you can usually get the actual cabinet for that amount.

Howard.... prices for actual are a little crazy right now.