Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Very inexpensive, low quality projector  (Read 8530 times)

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2024, 11:59:54 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
Re: Very inexpensive, low quality projector
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2019, 10:43:40 pm »
Alright guys... I found a leak in my trailer that resulted in having to replace a wall and an apple tree fell in the yard that I had to cut up so other than talking I've kind of been mia…. sorry about that.  Anyway I played with the projector a week or so ago and took these pics of Mr. Driller, and one of the Santa vids one with the lights off and another with a single lamp turned on.  I ironed the "screen" slightly but the folds aren't fully removed.... I might try again if I get time. 

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2024, 11:59:54 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2019, 10:47:23 pm »
For the price and what it is, I'm pretty impressed.  I really only have two complaints..... First off the IR sensor for the remote is in the back of the unit, which is pretty inconvenient if you want to put it at the back of the room.  Secondly it's lightweight and the adjustments are fiddly and loose, so you need a rigid mount to really use it perfectly adjusted. 

I noticed that low cost projectors were in some black Friday ads.... oh well.   

Vigo

• the Scourage of Carpathia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2024, 08:20:28 am
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2019, 09:36:38 am »

DaOld Man

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 13, 2023, 12:03:14 am
  • Wheres my coffee?
    • Skenny's Outpost
« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2019, 08:54:19 am »
For the price and what it is, I'm pretty impressed.  I really only have two complaints..... First off the IR sensor for the remote is in the back of the unit, which is pretty inconvenient if you want to put it at the back of the room.  Secondly it's lightweight and the adjustments are fiddly and loose, so you need a rigid mount to really use it perfectly adjusted. 

I noticed that low cost projectors were in some black Friday ads.... oh well.

Could you place a small mirror behind the projector to aid in the IR control? Also, you can get a wireless IR extender that has a transmitter that the control shoots at, and a receiver, that mimics the IR to the projector (TV, whatever). Place the transmitter under your screen and the receiver behind the projector.