Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Midway games a mess...again :(  (Read 3245 times)

Setzer84

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 11, 2021, 12:29:39 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Midway games a mess...again :(
« on: November 06, 2019, 02:42:14 pm »
Hi all, thanks for all of your previous help. I’m now happy to report Groovymame is up and running! Key learnings were setting my PVM as the primary monitor in Windows, hiding resolutions the monitor can't display, and running everything through an Extron Rxi 203 for sync.

I’m having some difficulty, though, getting Midway titles to display correctly—all I see is a jumbled mess. I’ve read through the previous fixes of changing the refresh range to start at 55 vs. 49.50 but I’d like to keep the lower range for PAL content I have in RetroArch.

I’m currently using the super resolution modelines from RetroArch: https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/blob/master/README.md.

Any ideas on what to try? Thanks!

Sky25es

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 26, 2023, 05:19:21 pm
Re: Midway games a mess...again :(
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2019, 04:55:45 pm »
Log file ?

rancid

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 15, 2022, 08:35:42 am
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2019, 12:43:38 pm »
Hi all, thanks for all of your previous help. I’m now happy to report Groovymame is up and running! Key learnings were setting my PVM as the primary monitor in Windows, hiding resolutions the monitor can't display, and running everything through an Extron Rxi 203 for sync.

I’m having some difficulty, though, getting Midway titles to display correctly—all I see is a jumbled mess. I’ve read through the previous fixes of changing the refresh range to start at 55 vs. 49.50 but I’d like to keep the lower range for PAL content I have in RetroArch.

I’m currently using the super resolution modelines from RetroArch: https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/blob/master/README.md.

Any ideas on what to try? Thanks!

Does the screen "bounce" on Midway games like it is having a hard time locking on a sync signal?  I had this issue too and was able to fix it with Calamity's help and creating a custom ini file for just Midway games.  Let me know if that is what the issue is and I will post my ini files.

silvereagle

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 05, 2023, 05:10:23 pm
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2022, 10:29:22 am »
Any chance of anyone posting up their MK ini file here? I am having the same issue sadly.