Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Defender Themed Multi Williams CP Artwork  (Read 7203 times)

hsr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 08, 2023, 10:46:34 pm
    • My Robotron Mame Cabinet
Defender Themed Multi Williams CP Artwork
« on: November 06, 2019, 10:20:33 am »
Does anyone have (or know where it might be hosted) and willing to share the Defender style MW CPO artwork?  Either of the ones in the picture or something close.

I know the overlays are available for purchase already printed.  That's not what I'm looking for.  I'm after the actual vector (or similar) file so I can modify.

Thanks in advance,
Jeff
Jeff

Mark Norville

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 07, 2019, 08:38:58 am
  • Has gotten saint's attention
Re: Defender Themed Multi Williams CP Artwork
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 10:45:55 am »
I would look at one of the front end websites such as Hyperspin and see if you can find a file for defender and then finding out who did the graphics for that, and they might share with you.

here is a search on google for defender arcade machine control panel, however I am not going through all the results for you, but you might find it here

https://www.google.com/search?q=defender+arcade+machine+control+panel&sxsrf=ACYBGNR4mxayx-8wQEHqT9VbHYHbUqOfAA:1573055080135&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiWv43q9tXlAhWHTBUIHWhTC9EQ_AUIDSgA&biw=1920&bih=969&dpr=1

Regards

Mark

JDFan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 21, 2023, 04:07:42 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 11:02:45 am »
Here's a few vector cpo's - might be some parts you can use - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xnr01ekojaifs91/AAB_Z1Mwou8AiM7o_RGYefjLa?dl=0

hsr

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2019, 11:21:39 am »
I would look at one of the front end websites such as Hyperspin and see if you can find a file for defender and then finding out who did the graphics for that, and they might share with you.

here is a search on google for defender arcade machine control panel, however I am not going through all the results for you, but you might find it here

https://www.google.com/search?q=defender+arcade+machine+control+panel&sxsrf=ACYBGNR4mxayx-8wQEHqT9VbHYHbUqOfAA:1573055080135&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiWv43q9tXlAhWHTBUIHWhTC9EQ_AUIDSgA&biw=1920&bih=969&dpr=1

Regards

Mark

Mark,

I appreciate the response.  I'm not looking for Defender.  That is easily found.  The pictures I posted and what I'm after is a Defender "themed" multi Williams CPO.  Note the two joysticks.

I've exhausted Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc without finding an art file like the picture.

Thanks again,
Jef
Jeff

hsr

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2019, 11:24:27 am »
Here's a few vector cpo's - might be some parts you can use - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xnr01ekojaifs91/AAB_Z1Mwou8AiM7o_RGYefjLa?dl=0

JD,

Thank you as well.  I found several regular Defender CPO's already.  For some reason, I can't open two at the link you provided.  I was just hoping for the already completed multi panel to start with.

I really do appreciate the responses guys.
Jeff

JDFan

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2019, 11:37:54 am »

JD,

Thank you as well.  I found several regular Defender CPO's already.  For some reason, I can't open two at the link you provided.  I was just hoping for the already completed multi panel to start with.

I really do appreciate the responses guys.

7 Zip them and uploaded try this link instead - https://www.dropbox.com/s/wea171y2foyvcf6/VECTOR.7z?dl=0
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 11:43:36 am by JDFan »

hsr

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2019, 12:10:57 pm »
Quote from: JDFan
7 Zip them and uploaded try this link instead - https://www.dropbox.com/s/wea171y2foyvcf6/VECTOR.7z?dl=0

Thank you again.  For some reason, I still can only open the one by Mahuti.  The others say they're corrupted.  I don't have AI.  Am using Inkscape and GIMP.  Maybe that's the issue.  I think they're the same or similar to base Defender (except the one labelled cocktail), correct?  If so, I already have.  I appreciate the help.  Looks like I'll be reconstructing more of the multi than had hoped for.
Jeff

Mark Norville

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2019, 12:39:12 pm »
Hi Jeff,

If you click the google link again, where it says images, you will notice that there is a lot of artwork similar to what you have posted. E.G you posted a picture of a banana, I am not showing you pictures of a potato.

Maybe my eye sight is failing, but if you look at the image search, they are pretty much the same as you have requested.

I will have another look myself now, but they look the same to me at least.

Mark Norville

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2019, 12:43:54 pm »
https://www.thedefenderproject.com/control-panel-rebuild-complete/

You wanted joysticks, I found joysticks. Ask that dude, he has joysticks.

I found that in two seconds.

Ok he only has one joystick, you want two, but you can ask him, he might have the artwork.

Hang on, one joystick image and then rotate the thing, and you get two.

Why do people always want complicated?

Another link for you to have a look at, this had two joysticks on the graphics https://forums.arcade-museum.com/archive/index.php/t-261467.html
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 01:10:15 pm by Mark Norville »

hsr

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2019, 01:54:29 pm »
https://www.thedefenderproject.com/control-panel-rebuild-complete/

You wanted joysticks, I found joysticks. Ask that dude, he has joysticks.

I found that in two seconds.

Ok he only has one joystick, you want two, but you can ask him, he might have the artwork.

Hang on, one joystick image and then rotate the thing, and you get two.

Why do people always want complicated?

Another link for you to have a look at, this had two joysticks on the graphics https://forums.arcade-museum.com/archive/index.php/t-261467.html

Mark,

You're clearly missing the point here and there is no reason for you to be insulting.  I know how to use search engines and have previously read all the threads you've now linked.  Which is what lead me to asking if anyone had the specific (not similar) artwork.

I'm not looking for joysticks.  I said the CPO I'm after has two.  A regular Defender only has one.  I said "joysticks" above to help point out that I'm not looking for a regular Defender CPO you originally linked.

To be clear for the third time, it's a Multi-Williams control panel overlay.  It is not a Defender control panel overlay which you keep posting.  I've said a few times now I have those.

The links you just provided are of CPO's that were purchased already printed from TOG and the like.  My original post clearly said I know those are available.  I am (still) looking for the artwork used to create what other people bought and you linked.  Again, sending me to link of a CPO that someone purchased and used in their build is not what I'm after.

It's not just a rotate of one entity of the Defender panel.  In reality, it is a potato when compared to the banana I posted.  Right from the beginning I said Defender "themed".  Not Defender itself.  So maybe it's potato vs potato chip.  I just want the potato.

I'm not the one complicating this.

Thank you again for the help in pointing out what I've already stated several times I already have, but is not what I'm looking for.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 01:58:38 pm by hsr »
Jeff

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 11:54:45 am
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2019, 02:01:46 pm »
Eventually the mods will ban this turd. He seems hell bent on pissing off everyone here.

I poked around for that artwork and no luck.

hsr

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2019, 02:06:41 pm »
Eventually the mods will ban this turd. He seems hell bent on pissing off everyone here.

Mike,

Agreed.  Registered two days ago and seems most every post made has been argumentative for no reason.

Thank you for poking.

Jeff

Mark Norville

• Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2019, 02:49:08 pm »

Mike,

Agreed.  Registered two days ago and seems most every post made has been argumentative for no reason.

Thank you for poking.

You wanted two joysticks correct? This was not the one that I found earlier, but if you actually went digging and looking at images and then going to websites where those images come from, then you might find what you are looking for.

This looks like it was a custom job, there was another graphic that I posted the link address to.

I was trying to help you, but it does not mean that I have to do all your work for you.

opt2not

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 02, 2024, 07:42:30 pm
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2019, 02:50:33 pm »
Yup. He's really trying hard to get banned.
Hopefully the mods do something about him. He seems to only be here to toxify the forum.

To be clear for the third time, it's a Multi-Williams control panel overlay.  It is not a Defender control panel overlay which you keep posting.  I've said a few times now I have those.
I don't think he knows what a Multi-Williams CPO is.   I don't think he knows there's been a Multi-Williams PCB available for ages.

Heck, he didn't even know there were cabinets featuring 4 coin doors.  The guy is a poseur and provocateur, here to just start ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- with people.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 02:54:22 pm by opt2not »

JDFan

• Offline Offline
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2019, 03:02:57 pm »
I don't think he knows what a Multi-Williams CPO is.

The Multiwilliams art - I have isn't the defender specific one but more a collage of the various games :

hsr

• Offline Offline
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2019, 03:05:25 pm »
I don't think he knows what a Multi-Williams CPO is.

The Multiwilliams art - I have isn't the defender specific one but more a collage of the various games :

JD,

That’s the CPO I currently have on my MiniWilliams.  I just wanted to use the Defender themed for this next cabinet.

Thank you again!
Jeff

Sokratz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 01, 2020, 09:26:26 pm
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2019, 07:45:01 pm »
HSR,
I completely understand what you're looking for - 'cause I'm looking for the same thing.  I cna't find a Defender themed Multi Williams CPO for a Cabaret cabinet so I'm ready to make it myself.  However, I'd really rather not start from scratch and modify one for a full-sized cabinet - but can't find the vector file anywhere.  All of them I've come across have been unreadable by Inkscape.  I don't know if they're corrupt of it Inkscape can't read them.

Anyway, I understand what you're looking for and if you ever find anything please let me know - and I'll do the same.

Sokratz

Nannuu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 23, 2022, 11:55:21 pm
  • Anytime now, I'll start my cabinet
    • Will and Liliana's Projects and Family Photos
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2020, 08:40:40 am »
Decided to give this a try since I was scrolling through old arcade artwork and this looked fun.
Corel, Illustrator, PDF and EPS formats can be found at:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XOPNea_rann4rkjiRhu4fx45of-mcu7d
Next I'll be on fries, and that's when the big money starts rolling in.

hsr

• Offline Offline
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2020, 04:19:55 pm »
Will,

Awesome!  Thank you so much!
Jeff

Gilrock

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 30, 2024, 05:15:46 pm
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2020, 09:38:37 am »
I drew this one myself...I can provide the file if anyone wants it when I get home this evening.  I used InkScape.  It was purely for Defender / Stargate so it doesn't have Robotron joysticks.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,141437.msg1676809.html#msg1676809

Nannuu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 23, 2022, 11:55:21 pm
  • Anytime now, I'll start my cabinet
    • Will and Liliana's Projects and Family Photos
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm »
I'd love a copy, you can never have too much artwork  ;D
Next I'll be on fries, and that's when the big money starts rolling in.