Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: House of the Dead 2 PC with dgvoodoo and AimTrak  (Read 6977 times)

2huwman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 17, 2023, 03:33:32 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
House of the Dead 2 PC with dgvoodoo and AimTrak
« on: November 02, 2019, 06:58:15 am »
Has anyone managed to get Hotd 2 PC working with an Aimtrak while running under dgvoodoo? The game looks awesome running at higher resolutions with the widescreen hack http://www.wsgf.org/dr/house-dead-2/en

I can get it working fine with an aimtrak just using the standard 640x480 res at 4:3, but as soon as i run dgvoodoo the aimtrack stops responding.

lightgungamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 24, 2020, 02:43:28 am
  • I love playing Light Gun Games
    • LightgunGame.com
Re: House of the Dead 2 PC with dgvoodoo and AimTrak
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2019, 07:04:54 am »
Has anyone managed to get Hotd 2 PC working with an Aimtrak while running under dgvoodoo? The game looks awesome running at higher resolutions with the widescreen hack http://www.wsgf.org/dr/house-dead-2/en

I can get it working fine with an aimtrak just using the standard 640x480 res at 4:3, but as soon as i run dgvoodoo the aimtrack stops responding.

Hey 2huwman. I haven’t heard of dgvoodoo before. What exactly do you need it for? Will it upscale the graphics?

I have definitely had hotd2 working without it on the pc but I can’t remember any details.

Have you thought about running the wii version with dolphin. That looks great and is easy to set up.
https://LightGunGamer.com - every Lightgun game and how to play them
Dolphin Emulator

2huwman

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2019, 08:07:28 am »
hi lightgungamer! dgvoodoo is a set of graphics wrappers which can upscale old games or make them playable on new hardware. if you use the widescreen hack on hotd2 pc as well as dgvoodoo then you can get really nice results - i'm running it at 2560x1080 on my ultrawide monitor with the correct aspect ratio. it works great with a mouse, but seems to interfere with the aimtrak, so that doesn't work. the cursor can be hidden as well, so it would be pretty much perfect if the aimtrak worked!

Also - i havent tried the wii version. thought there might be more lag than the native PC version?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 08:09:10 am by 2huwman »

2huwman

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2020, 04:50:55 am »
Just wanted to bump this up in case anyone could shed any light as to why the mouse will work playing hotd2 via dgvoodoo, but the aimtrak wont work. I thought that the aimtrak basically took over the mouse, so should work on any game where the mouse works.

lllll44

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 07, 2024, 06:57:43 pm
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2020, 05:07:33 am »
Just wanted to bump this up in case anyone could shed any light as to why the mouse will work playing hotd2 via dgvoodoo, but the aimtrak wont work. I thought that the aimtrak basically took over the mouse, so should work on any game where the mouse works.

try playin it windowd, and than use an ahk script to make full_screen windowd, like in the rpcs3 light gun games. im sure i will work fine.