Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: B&K 467 rejuvinator - unable to set cut-off and humming (SOLVED)  (Read 3474 times)

perjmolsen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 08, 2022, 04:09:06 am
  • I want to learn, and try.. I NEWER give up :)
    • My gameroom
Hi

Today I got this B&K 467 rejuvenator.  :applaud:

I have followed the guide here, in how to set it up.

I live in Denmark, and the volts in the outlet are 230V so I have used an isolation transformer to get the 110V that the rejuvenator uses.

To test the rejuvinator I am using a A59ECF50X05 25" Panasonic tube. (from an old TV)

I am able to set the Heater volt to 6.3V and also the G1 volts to 50V
BUT when i turn the knob to G2 to setup the cut-off I am unable to turn the cut off down to 1 marker point as in the video.
Also when i turn the knob to test the B&K hum a lot, and the dials is acting strange.

I have made a small video of my setup - hopefully someone can help me in why I am unable to set the B&K up, and why it hum.

I am thinking that it might can be a transformer issue? when I am converting the 220V to 110V or a cap issue in the rejuvinator?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 05:32:21 pm by perjmolsen »

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:59:19 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: B&K 467 rejuvinator - unable to set cut-off and humming
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2019, 08:26:01 pm »
the hum doesn't seem to me indicative of an issue. it could be the weird power setup you have there... I think the B&K could be expecting lots of power, but your stepdown setup might not be giving it the current it's looking for. i know some of those step-down transformers can only output so much current at lower voltage.

as for setting your G2 voltage, it's possible your gun has an issue causing it to sink the G2 voltage to something else in the gun. (assuming you didn't read any shorts or anything back a couple steps ago. and i don't think its power supply related)  I would set them all to minimum and just go on and do a quick clean and see if the G2 adjustment works properly after burning it off. but I know mine works...you don't... so in that case i would test on another tube that works just to be sure. if you can set G2 fine on that tube, then do as I mentioned and do a clean/ballance with them at minimum and see what happens.

perjmolsen

• Offline Offline
    • My gameroom
Re: B&K 467 rejuvinator - unable to set cut-off and humming
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2019, 05:31:45 pm »
Hi

Problem solved - I think that when I tested the rejuvinator, the crt connector where not connected properly to the tube neck.
I have now tested the rejuvinator one more time, and now there is not a single issue.

So i tried it on my Terminator 2 - where I where missing the red.
First I tried "clean and ballance" but no luck - then I did a "rejuvinate" and the red gun where back :)

Ken Layton

• Guru
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 12:25:59 am
  • Technician
Re: B&K 467 rejuvinator - unable to set cut-off and humming (SOLVED)
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2019, 10:26:17 pm »
I bet you're saying, "How did I ever get along without this?"

perjmolsen

• Offline Offline
    • My gameroom
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2019, 01:15:52 am »
Hi Ken

Yes, extatly
The best pressent ever  ;D

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 10:43:57 am
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2019, 09:32:08 am »
That's amazing.  Nice work.

:cheers: