Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Cant figure out why xbox 360 controller not working  (Read 2646 times)

deezdrama

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 25, 2024, 09:45:32 pm
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,146268.0.html
Cant figure out why xbox 360 controller not working
« on: October 16, 2019, 05:11:38 pm »
I finished my arcade cab several years ago. At one point i used a xbox 360 controller for at least hyperspin and the pc games.
One of my kids needed the controller so i didnt use it with the cabinet for a couple years.

I just ordered 2 more 360 wireless controllers and trying to get at least the controller working with retroarch to play some older console games because they just dont play well with joysticks. I cant even get this controller to work and have more coming.

I feel like its a windows issue or something.
I enabled and set the controller in hyperspin hq and during hyperspin intro if i push a button on the controller it will register the press and skip the video and go to hyperspin.
From there nothing works on controller.

If i go into retro arch settings, the controller works in the menu to move up/down but no button presses register and in any roms I load the controller doesnt work but then if i go into my 3DO emulator the controller works fine.

Ive spent days trying to search for a solution but cant figure it out.

Im running windows 7 with an ipac4 and wonder if its a conflict?

Any ideas?
Thanks

« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 05:13:50 pm by deezdrama »

deezdrama

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 25, 2024, 09:45:32 pm
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,146268.0.html
Re: Cant figure out why xbox 360 controller not working
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2019, 07:35:46 pm »
I dont really need hyperspin to work with controllers but wanting them for retroarch but after trying everything and ready/testing stuff daily im still unable to get them to work.

Closest i can get is if i load a retroarch rom and go into the menu and manually bind the keys to the controller, then if i select resume core it will play that game with the controller but as soon as I exit the game and restart it looses all controller bindings.
Also tried binding 2 controllers but can only get one to work.

I dont know if its a retroarch version issue (from 2015)
Or a win 7 issue, or hyperspin messing up retroarch or what.

Noones had similar issue?