Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Any interest in a web only frontend?  (Read 1618 times)

Lilwolf

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 31, 2022, 10:26:34 pm
Any interest in a web only frontend?
« on: October 13, 2019, 02:33:03 pm »
I've updated Webmame to allow for a web only configuration.  You run one game... and when you launch the next game, it safely exits mame (for auto-save to work) and launches the next game.  I'm currently working on some we pages that will look better on a phone (possibly looking like this https://swiperjs.com/demos/230-effect-cube.html) there are a few other swiperjs ones that would look cool... select category, then swipe back/forth to the game.  press to launch)...

Are others interested? 

Only current issue (other then webpage isn't all that pretty) is that I'm not getting windows to put the screen to sleep while mames running, and mames running all the time.  But hopefully I can figure that out... or I could add something to the webmame to allow for a force it??

Webmame was just a middleware software I wrote years ago, which allowed for web based configuration to hyperspin and add/remove games from the list (I don't really want 4k games, but specific few hundred)...  But to take control of parts, I made it so hyperspin would launch the game through the app...  So it made adding no-ui support as easy as fixing hyperspin support (and that was needed because of win10 support on my new cabinet)

Mr. Peabody

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 05, 2019, 02:30:42 pm
Re: Any interest in a web only frontend?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2019, 08:21:52 pm »
For the 'blank time' perhaps you could cue a .lay file with a blank image...or null space?  Or do similar within your app?