Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Trunk or treat!  (Read 15875 times)

jennifer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 11, 2023, 06:24:58 am
Re: Trunk or treat!
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2019, 10:47:04 pm »
Exactly.  If I eat nothing but McDonald's all day I'm only hurting myself, but if I smoke or vape I'm hurting everyone within 50 feet of me when I do so.  It's a disgusting, but more importantly, extremely selfish habit.  I have asthma and it was really bad when I was a kid and all of my extended family smoked.  They were too addicted to quit smoking around me so I just quit visiting and surprise, surprise, I got remarkably better over time.
OMG...and it is NOT selfish to expect the whole world around you to change,  for at least 50 ft. Non-the less...I am thinking your family got all stressed out from your insistent whining, and just clouded you out till you just ran away...Do you stink or pick your nose or someting, perhaps fart rotted Mc/Donalds eggs? I would smoke around you too.

Nephasth

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 11, 2024, 11:02:52 pm
  • Bitches love Centipede
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2019, 11:46:31 pm »
Exactly.  If I eat nothing but McDonald's all day I'm only hurting myself, but if I smoke or vape I'm hurting everyone within 50 feet of me when I do so.  It's a disgusting, but more importantly, extremely selfish habit.  I have asthma and it was really bad when I was a kid and all of my extended family smoked.  They were too addicted to quit smoking around me so I just quit visiting and surprise, surprise, I got remarkably better over time.
OMG...and it is NOT selfish to expect the whole world around you to change,  for at least 50 ft. Non-the less...I am thinking your family got all stressed out from your insistent whining, and just clouded you out till you just ran away...Do you stink or pick your nose or someting, perhaps fart rotted Mc/Donalds eggs? I would smoke around you too.

%Bartop

Mr. Peabody

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 05, 2019, 02:30:42 pm
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2019, 02:08:12 pm »
Reply 42. Word.

@jennifer: Selfishness comes in types and degrees. Scope and scale determine fitness. (hah hah hah)

@Nephasth: electric cars and drones, holmes. Of course, if they had installed electric subterranean shipping lanes in the early 20th as was suggested.......

Not all of us were built for shitting in buckets.

:lol

:cheers:

Nephasth

• Offline Offline
  • Bitches love Centipede
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2019, 04:34:43 pm »
Been seeing repeating numbers a lot lately?

11:11?
2:22?
3:33?

What does it all mean? You're on the right path? Your guardian angels are looking over you?

No. It means you've been spending too much time staring at the clock. Get back to work! :cheers:
%Bartop

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 05:29:33 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2019, 11:31:13 pm »

I don't eat McDonald's at all, that was a frikkin example of how eating bad food and smoking are not the same things.  I also never "whined" about my relatives smoking.... they knew I had asthma and they knew smoke could trigger it.... yet they kept right on smoking.  It's oh so "selfish" for me to want to breathe.  All of you please think before you post next time. 

jennifer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2019, 08:09:13 pm »

I don't eat McDonald's at all, that was a frikkin example of how eating bad food and smoking are not the same things.  I also never "whined" about my relatives smoking.... they knew I had asthma and they knew smoke could trigger it.... yet they kept right on smoking.  It's oh so "selfish" for me to want to breathe.  All of you please think before you post next time.
Think about what?... Smokers have rights, And if it bothers you go outside and play hopscotch or something.

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 19, 2024, 06:19:27 pm
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2019, 08:20:49 pm »
Think about what?... Smokers have rights, And if it bothers you go outside and play hopscotch or something.

I'm not saying anyone is right, but you're definitely wrong.

I can't believe any smokers can be happy with smoking today. It has to feel like a real pain in the butt to have to go outside everywhere. I think smokers really had the rug pulled out from them as far as social acceptance go, but at this point - do your best job to quit. The pros way outweigh the cons nowadays.

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 06:12:39 am
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2019, 10:11:40 pm »
If you want to smoke in public, light up, put a fishbowl over your head and duct tape it tight around your neck

Osirus23

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 23, 2021, 01:33:52 pm
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2019, 10:21:30 pm »
If you want to smoke in public, light up, put a fishbowl over your head and duct tape it tight around your neck

I mean, that's basically what we did with my car back in high school.

Nephasth

• Offline Offline
  • Bitches love Centipede
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2019, 10:58:14 pm »
I'm with Jen on this one. If you don't like something, remove yourself from it. Don't demand others change based on your own wants/needs. I don't smoke, and I don't hang around smokers while they smoke. Demanding anything from another is the epitome of selfishness. But what about the children? Stop breeding. :cheers:
%Bartop

jennifer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2019, 12:36:33 am »
That sounds more like you drinking at Z/con... 
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 12:44:28 am by jennifer »

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 03:47:56 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2019, 10:58:23 am »
I've been to two music festivals where I did nothing but sit in a cloud of second hand smoke and nothing happened. Hot boxing is a myth perpetuated by law enforcement to make stoned drivers even easier to identify.

Mr. Peabody

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 05, 2019, 02:30:42 pm
« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2019, 07:00:00 pm »
I've been to two music festivals where I did nothing but sit in a cloud of second hand smoke and nothing happened. Hot boxing is a myth perpetuated by law enforcement to make stoned drivers even easier to identify.

People have different responses, though most fall in the curve. Apparently Russia was hella pro cannabis through the 30s (just like the US was pro hemp...into the 30s....), but Russians were all 'meh' about the psychotropic effects.

I'm with Jen on this one. If you don't like something, remove yourself from it. Don't demand others change based on your own wants/needs. I don't smoke, and I don't hang around smokers while they smoke. Demanding anything from another is the epitome of selfishness. But what about the children? Stop breeding. :cheers:

You say that each time. If it were aerated mercury, you would not. Well, your apparent fatalism suggests you might.

Re - numbers: pbj may be a participant in the signs of things.....  (even the image comes out at 27....)

I mean, that's basically what we did with my car back in high school.

No fishbowl talk.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 07:06:45 pm by Mr. Peabody »

Zebra

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 19, 2021, 01:12:24 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2019, 07:08:18 pm »
Went with an 80s themed setup. Now the arcade1ups small size makes sense!

I didn't know that people were that much shorter in the 80's. I mean.... I was shorter... but I was a kid back then.

Zebra

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 19, 2021, 01:12:24 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2019, 07:34:35 pm »

I'm not sure that logic stands up to scrutiny. Smoking was banned from public places because it causes physical harm to others. And it stinks. If you were eating in a restaurant and the guy on the next table decided to take a ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- on the floor and then said "what you looking at, if you don't like it then stay home", who would be the selfish one? Smoking is that proverbial ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- on the floor and the rest of us don't want to smell it while, at the same time, we respect your right to do it at home. Well... Maybe accept rather than respect...

I used to smoke and I am glad it got banned from public places because it made it a lot easier to stop. It's always harder to stop something you were addicted to if everyone around you is still doing it. It was the right approach as it worked. And now we don't come home from restaurants and flights smelling like an ash tray.

It's hard to believe that anyone still thinks that smoking isn't bad for you (and those around you). The warning covers half the box.

Nephasth

• Offline Offline
  • Bitches love Centipede
« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2019, 07:40:34 pm »
Grow your own food and stop eating at ---smurfy--- restaurants.

The core of the problem is humans. #yellowstonesupervolcano2020
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 07:43:14 pm by Nephasth »
%Bartop

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 03:47:56 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2019, 09:08:29 pm »
I get kinda nostalgic when I walk into a place that still allows indoor smoking.  Smells like the 80s. 

When I see someone under 50 with a cigarette I want to take a photo to document it.  Now we can’t sell flavored cigarettes in the US so djarum blacks are horrible now.  The first thing I bought when I landed in Canada.  I got to wave them around at other old goths at a Houston concert so I got my $20 out of them.  “Remember when these *cough* didn’t suck *cough, cough*?”

Smoking age in Texas is 21 now.  What the hell are edgy underclassmen supposed to do to impress chicks?  “I love the smell of cigar smoke, it reminds me of my dad” was the only thing us lumbering hulks had going for us.

Do what thou wilt.

:dunno