Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Rave Racer diversion  (Read 1969 times)

Mike A

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 05:39:51 am
  • This plan is foolproof
Rave Racer diversion
« on: October 10, 2019, 09:29:48 am »
I am waiting patiently for the artwork to get designed for my Konami cab. It will take as long as it takes. I am in no hurry.

This will keep me busy for awhile.

I have a Rave Racer cab that is in really bad structural condition. The guy who owned it before me must have taught classes in assclownery.

The cab must have been disassembled at one time. The back panel and top panel do not fit. The monitor he stuffed in there has a frame that would protrude out the top even if the top was cut correctly.

The whole thing flexes and bends when you look at it funny.

I am considering a total rebuild of the cab.

While I am doing that I figure I may as well upgrade it. There is a deluxe version of the cab that has a clutch pedal and a 6 speed instead of the up/down shifter. All I have to do is short 1 specific pin to ground to boot as a deluxe cab, and then come up with the 6 speed and an extra pedal.

I couldn't find the shifter in the usual places. Suzo Happ has a 6 speed shifter for a Need for Speed game. It uses 4 microswitches just like the one I need. I would rather get my hands on an original one, but that might not be possible.

If any of you experienced racing guys (Howard) have any input I would be glad to hear it.