Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom on your arcade machine  (Read 3212 times)

n3wt0n

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 27, 2024, 05:03:38 pm
Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom on your arcade machine
« on: October 09, 2019, 02:39:15 am »
Hi everyone. I was watching Monster Boy and its launch closely as I really loved the classic Wonder Boy games back in the arcade and on the Sega consoles.  Has anyone thrown this game onto their PC to be played with arcade controls? I am hoping to see that the button layout will work with a 6 button Street Fighter style layout but I am afraid they may have too many different buttons (damn you modern controllers!).

Drnick

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 06, 2023, 01:19:48 pm
  • Plodding Through Life
Re: Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom on your arcade machine
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2019, 07:34:37 am »
Looks like an 8 button layout for the game,  But if the magic and the forms rotate through you can make it a 6 button by not using previous magic and previous form.
It would though mean cycling through all to get back to the one previous though. 

Jump X, Attack   Square, Magic   Triangle, Special Circle, Previous Magic L1, Next Magic R1, Previous Form L2, Next Form R2

See the following page for some more info on the steam version.

https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Monster_Boy_and_the_Cursed_Kingdom

thecountofzero

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 18, 2023, 02:03:47 pm
Re: Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom on your arcade machine
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2022, 09:40:47 pm »
Did you ever try adding this game to your cabinet with a 6 button layout? If so, how did it work out?