Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Neotec NT-2701 - P901 - RGB input signal pinout?  (Read 958 times)

nipsmg

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 03:10:45 pm
  • ROONEY!! ERRGH!!
    • Arcadia
Neotec NT-2701 - P901 - RGB input signal pinout?
« on: June 01, 2020, 09:14:21 am »
I'm trying to figure out the pinout on a SF Rush so I can wire it to a GBS-8200 CGA/EGA/YUV -> VGA board.  The manual for Rush the Rock does not get into the pinouts of the wiring connectors.

It was connected to a NT-2701. 

On the NT-2701, the input signal plugs into a connector P901.  From right to left it looks like the pins go:

VSYNC
HSYNC
Empty
Empty
BLUE
Empty
GREEN
Empty
RED

-----

However, the connector from the Rush the Rock board has 2 black wires in the 3rd and 4th pin (from the left).

I'm assuming these are ground?  They go back to the same pin on the Rush the Rock board. 

It would seem odd the NT-2701 would take a video signal without ground, but it's odd ground isn't called out on the connector.  I'm assuming the NT-2701 can take ground on those pins marked "empty".

Is it likely this is correct?  The GBS-8200 needs a ground for the input.

Thanks in advance for any help?

nipsmg

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 03:10:45 pm
  • ROONEY!! ERRGH!!
    • Arcadia
Re: Neotec NT-2701 - P901 - RGB input signal pinout?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2020, 10:12:14 am »
Follow up - This appears to be correct, the black wires are ground.  After wiring up to the GBS-8200 I get a great picture.  Thanks.