Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: I have a Rowe CD-100 Jukebox that I need to bypass the mute circuit.Is possible?  (Read 4692 times)

Mikescott

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 05, 2019, 07:31:46 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Hey guys,

New here. Trying to learn more about my jukebox. Rowe ami cd-100. It’s a coin op for a business. All the speakers are hooked up to Jukebox itself to provide music to the bar guests inside. It has a cd output in it that’s hooked up to a receiver to play same music outside too. In general, I want to broadcast football games across speakers inside only. Which is fine. Got that working by running rca cables to jukebox so speakers work through that. Only problem is when sound from game is coming through and cd still playing for outside guests, when the cd changes to another one the inside speakers shut off and you hear no game sound while cd is changing. Then sound comes back after that’s done. So as I understand it that’s the mute circuit not allowing sound to come through while loading another cd. Can I bypass this somehow so game speakers inside don’t go mute while changing cds? It’s really weird. I get it does that to prevent noises coming through but when I switch rca cables to game cd changes still effect sound. Goes mute for 15 sec while changing.

Would this be simple fix or should I just re wire the speakers to the receiver that produces music outside too? Then manually control.

Thanks in advance.
Mike

jimbob

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 29, 2019, 07:45:10 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Hi Mike,

I'm no expert, and my CD 100 is currently not producing any sound at all, so I can't test out this suggestion, but I think there's a fairly simple fix you could try...
In the manuals when they're explaining how to troubleshoot sound issues (what I've been doing lots of), one of the first steps they advise is to unplug the "mute" plug from the amp. My bet is that if you do that, the amp will no longer mute. Of course this may mean that you get a bit of low level noise through your outside speakers when the CD is changing.
The amp is located on the lower left sidewall of the CD100, the plug is top right on the amp - and (at least on mine) is labelled "MUTE" or similar.

Fingers crossed!

James,
Hove
UK