Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Poll

-- deleted poll --

-- deleted poll --
0 (0%)
-- deleted poll --
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: GUN4IR - The Ultimate 4 Points Lightgun System  (Read 390966 times)

woordmand

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 27, 2022, 01:34:09 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: GUN4IR - The Ultimate 4 Points Lightgun System
« Reply #920 on: November 13, 2021, 03:26:39 am »
I found the smallest second-hand IR sensing part, and the test was successful. The assembly has been completed.

JayBee

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:09:30 am
  • Creator of the GUN4IR
« Reply #921 on: November 13, 2021, 05:31:21 am »
Hi,
I am about to start to mod 2 toy guns. I wonder if a rumble motor will fit in and I I did not find the dimensions so far. Could someone give me the dimensions of a PS4 rumble motor? Also is there a way to power it with the arduino or is it compulsary to have 2 USB cables (one for the arduino, one for the motor power supply)?

Thanks,
For PS4 rumble you can power it from the main USB cable, no issues  ;D

Podbod

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 25, 2022, 04:10:00 pm
« Reply #922 on: November 16, 2021, 02:43:22 am »
Update on mine. I've hooked up the rumble, trigger, slide and camera. All tested and working. Just need to sort out the side button (just behind the camera) and then I can reassemble. (plus some cable management)

I'll defo get a wide angle lens. It's just a tiny bit far to far back I feel.
Will any phone intended one work? I assume I'll just grab the cheapest from amazon.

Pod

Podbod

• Offline Offline

codeena

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 03, 2023, 06:23:54 pm
  • This site is cool
« Reply #924 on: November 16, 2021, 12:45:30 pm »
The original internal structure shall be basically removed to make room for the installation of new parts. Glue may also be required to secure the microswitch. This is a necessary step for refitting a toy gun. If you also need to install an electromagnet, you need to consider its volume. At present, I use the original special model of the game gun. Its volume and weight need to be considered. In addition, the price is a little high.

Hi, may I ask where you get your rubber damperers for the recoil? Thanks

woordmand

• Offline Offline
« Reply #925 on: November 17, 2021, 04:35:08 am »
Ordinary rubber is OK. The hardness of waste automobile tires is more appropriate

holmes

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 07, 2024, 03:27:50 pm
« Reply #926 on: November 19, 2021, 02:14:04 am »

[/quote]
Can I just cut a USB cable, split the power wires and resolder the data wires? Will it cause trouble with the data? Or is it safer to use a USB splitter data+power cable?

JayBee

• Offline Offline
  • Creator of the GUN4IR
« Reply #927 on: November 19, 2021, 05:54:42 am »

Can I just cut a USB cable, split the power wires and resolder the data wires? Will it cause trouble with the data? Or is it safer to use a USB splitter data+power cable?
[/quote]
No no you don't need to split it, just use the board "raw" and gnd pins  ;)

Podbod

• Offline Offline
« Reply #928 on: November 19, 2021, 11:24:46 am »
Man, why did nobody say that mounting the x360 rumble in the handle of the topshot elite was so hard! I've melted all of the plastic and made it as flat as possible and there still not enough room! :D
Going to have to melt out a recess in the 2mm thick wall and hope I dont burn through the whole handle.
Did Arcade Pirate use a rumble motor that was 80% in size? :D

Pod

Podbod

• Offline Offline
« Reply #929 on: November 19, 2021, 03:26:30 pm »
Phew, all assembled. Next step, working out mame hooker and getting the gun swapped from com6 to com1

Podbod

• Offline Offline
« Reply #930 on: November 19, 2021, 06:28:09 pm »
OK I got stuck. 2 things I couldnt figure out and 1 that I find confusing

Jaybee - I set Trigger, A and B to be Mouse Left, Mouse Right, "Keyboard B" respectively. But in mame the inputs are registered as Gun3 B0,  Gun3 B0, "keyboard B". If I change the A button to be "Keyboard A" then in mame it registers as Gun3 B2!
Any idea whats going on? (Edit - I've now noticed that after uploading the settings and hitting reload - that the A button is reverting to Middle mouse, so that looks like its just failing to upload correctly?)

Howard_Casto - I cant seem to get mamehooker to recognise MameUI.exe. Is that not supported or am I doing something wrong? If I change the exe to be mame64.exe it works fine

Anyone who can help - In Op wolf I've used the following ini settings for mamehooker to control the rumble motor
MameStart=cmo 1 baud=9600_parity=N_data=8_stop=1,cmw 1 S1
MameStop=cmc 1
[Output]
Player1_Recoil_Piston=cmw 1 F1.0.0|cmw 1 F1.1.255

That seems to work fine if I'm tapping the trigger but if I hold the button and run out of bullets the motor stops as expected while I'm auto-reloading but wont come back on for another X (can be a whole clip in rare circumstances) bullets or so. It is random tho. Sometimes it does work correctly. Releasing and pressing the trigger seems to 100% restart the motor. I can see in mamehookers debug window that the piston value is changing correctly.

Cheers for any help guys

Pod
« Last Edit: November 19, 2021, 06:42:02 pm by Podbod »

Podbod

• Offline Offline
« Reply #931 on: November 20, 2021, 03:35:43 am »
Jaybee, one more thing. For Terminator 2 I use Hooker to set an on time of 35 with a 0ms pause time. This is roughly the speed of the pulse that it sends out from the game. So I use "cmw 1 f1.2.1" to send each pulse to the gun. That works but 35ms is right on the limit of getting the rumble to do a full rotation so sometimes it feels weak. Ideally I'd like to up that to a 45ms on time but then I run into the problem that all the pulses end up getting queued and the gun rumbles on after I let go of the trigger for a while.

Could we potentially get a feature to set a maximum pulse queue to prevent that? (apologies if that already exists and I missed it)

Cheers

woordmand

• Offline Offline
« Reply #932 on: November 24, 2021, 01:54:07 am »
Every time I shoot, I can only trigger the electromagnet once. How can I trigger it continuously and automatically.

GRA71

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 18, 2023, 04:40:28 am
« Reply #933 on: December 06, 2021, 01:25:33 pm »
Hello,

Does anyone know how to calculate resistors to install a 5V solenoid instead of 12V. In 12V, you need a resistance of 1Kohm and 100Kohms.
It is to save space.
Thank you

Loey575

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 21, 2021, 06:33:45 am
« Reply #934 on: December 10, 2021, 06:22:48 am »
Hello,

Does anyone know how to calculate resistors to install a 5V solenoid instead of 12V. In 12V, you need a resistance of 1Kohm and 100Kohms.
It is to save space.
Thank you

You can use the same resistors, they only control the operation of the MOSFET, and not the solenoid

agent_c

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 19, 2023, 02:14:47 am
« Reply #935 on: December 12, 2021, 05:59:42 am »
Has anyone converted the gun con 2's by using samco's replacement board and then using Jaybee's 4 point ir/software? I just managed to get two gun con 2 guns for £10 and would like the simplicity of putting in the board from Samco as it will be easier and better internally with the arduino mounted and all the wiring neat and tidy, I was going to use a "the real arcade" jolt gun (another £10 buy) to convert but the gun con2 looks like a better option to me, especially as I will have two of them.

JayBee

• Offline Offline
  • Creator of the GUN4IR
« Reply #936 on: December 12, 2021, 06:27:41 am »
Has anyone converted the gun con 2's by using samco's replacement board and then using Jaybee's 4 point ir/software? I just managed to get two gun con 2 guns for £10 and would like the simplicity of putting in the board from Samco as it will be easier and better internally with the arduino mounted and all the wiring neat and tidy, I was going to use a "the real arcade" jolt gun (another £10 buy) to convert but the gun con2 looks like a better option to me, especially as I will have two of them.
The Samco board pinout and mine are different, it won't work.
But I'll sell drop in kits soon for the gcon1/2 if you are interested.

agent_c

• Offline Offline
« Reply #937 on: December 12, 2021, 10:10:42 am »
thanks, such a shame, it would have been perfect!

holmes

• Offline Offline
« Reply #938 on: December 19, 2021, 12:07:21 pm »
I found the smallest second-hand IR sensing part, and the test was successful. The assembly has been completed.

Could you give a link or directions to find this?
I bought the electronic components and spent some hours trying to solder the leds. I ended up with a very unreliable device.  :-[

woordmand

• Offline Offline
« Reply #939 on: December 20, 2021, 10:03:19 am »

I bought the electronic components and spent some hours trying to solder the leds. I ended up with a very unreliable device.  :-[
This is a camera from China. Its price is not high, but the freight is too high. Can only find friends to buy together and share the freight. You need  infrared LEDs, 3 LEDs and a resistor in series. I use a 25 Ω resistor, which smaller.

holmes

• Offline Offline
« Reply #940 on: December 20, 2021, 03:04:35 pm »
Oh, I thought it was a mini LED lamp. My mistake!

holmes

• Offline Offline
« Reply #941 on: December 24, 2021, 04:52:40 am »
Hi,
Is there a way to test the buttons?
I haven't connected the camera yet. I just wanted to start simply with the buttons and test them. I don't see how to do it in the GUI.
I launched the camera test and ended it with the trigger but it works only once. Then  I have to disconnect and reconnect the arduino to do it again. I doubt this is a normal behaviour. Have I screwed my solder once again?

woordmand

• Offline Offline
« Reply #942 on: December 24, 2021, 08:04:32 am »
Hi,
Is there a way to test the buttons?
I haven't connected the camera yet. I just wanted to start simply with the buttons and test them. I don't see how to do it in the GUI.
I launched the camera test and ended it with the trigger but it works only once. Then  I have to disconnect and reconnect the arduino to do it again. I doubt this is a normal behaviour. Have I screwed my solder once again?
I need to make sure your problem is that you can't use it every time you press the button. Do you need to disconnect the USB connection? If yes, you need to check all the solder joints to see if there is short circuit and faulty welding.

fjser

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 07, 2024, 01:42:51 pm
« Reply #943 on: December 24, 2021, 07:25:28 pm »
Has anyone looked into feasibility of putting gun4ir guts into one of these? I think the biggest issue would be camera mounting since the end is pretty large diameter

woordmand

• Offline Offline
« Reply #944 on: December 24, 2021, 09:40:25 pm »
Has anyone looked into feasibility of putting gun4ir guts into one of these? I think the biggest issue would be camera mounting since the end is pretty large diameter
The electromagnet is the problem. It's too big. The camera is not a problem.

Headrush69

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2024, 08:18:56 pm
  • I have build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #945 on: December 27, 2021, 06:05:33 am »
I have done this. Obviously you can't use the pin header but you can wire them up appropriately. There was plenty of room in the Guncon 2s for this. In my case the original guncon 2 board was in rough shape and this was the easiest, fastest solution for me.

agent_c

• Offline Offline
« Reply #946 on: December 28, 2021, 04:44:07 am »
What are the drop in kits Jay? Cost etc.

agent_c

• Offline Offline
« Reply #947 on: December 28, 2021, 04:47:19 am »
I have done this. Obviously you can't use the pin header but you can wire them up appropriately. There was plenty of room in the Guncon 2s for this. In my case the original guncon 2 board was in rough shape and this was the easiest, fastest solution for me.

Ithought the same, just wire direct and it will work, like you i think the original g con board is just too complicated to leave in and the samco board answers the tidiness and space for stuff, thanks for the reply.

tarnfeather

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 28, 2021, 12:53:14 pm
« Reply #948 on: December 28, 2021, 12:49:51 pm »

This is a camera from China. Its price is not high, but the freight is too high. Can only find friends to buy together and share the freight. You need  infrared LEDs, 3 LEDs and a resistor in series. I use a 25 Ω resistor, which smaller.

Could you still provide us with the part number or a link to where you ordered it?

woordmand

• Offline Offline
« Reply #949 on: December 30, 2021, 10:57:50 am »

Could you still provide us with the part number or a link to where you ordered it?
I can't find the model number. It's second-hand. You have to consider long distances and shipping costs. And slow transportation.
https://market.m.taobao.com/app/idleFish-F2e/widle-taobao-rax/page-detail?wh_weex=true&wx_navbar_transparent=true&id=661132861950&ut_sk=1.WylAcgYoPT8DAAiWBjStYn5A_21407387_1640879555623.copy.detail.661132861950.16753707&forceFlush=1

Kalypso9

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 31, 2021, 10:37:59 am
« Reply #950 on: December 31, 2021, 10:37:59 am »
Hi , I’ve recently donate for the license in waiting for it , thanks for all , one question , software work properly on windows 7 ?

agent_c

• Offline Offline
« Reply #951 on: December 31, 2021, 04:26:33 pm »
License arrived for me as quick as i read my messages on discord... Setup and testing worked without a hitch.

agent_c

• Offline Offline
« Reply #952 on: December 31, 2021, 04:54:24 pm »
Thanks for the cool work on the gun4ir setup and instructions Jaybee, all went without a hitch, (well so far!) I have to say I was nervous about permanently mounting the ir leds as it meant drilling the screen surround but I think it looks just fine, and yes I offset the side led's a bit on purpose as well as angling the outside top and side ones to gain a better accuracy.
Looks good don't ya think :)
Awesome to now have the light gun games available.
Thanks again.

Marsupial

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 20, 2024, 06:47:18 am
  • I am teh Mars!
« Reply #953 on: December 31, 2021, 08:33:58 pm »
Good job on the bezel, @agent_c
It does look good.

I did similar, but my bezel being black I believe helps better hiding the leds.

In any case, it's not very noticeable.

Enjoy!
-Mars

JayBee

• Offline Offline
  • Creator of the GUN4IR
« Reply #954 on: December 31, 2021, 11:33:12 pm »
Hi , I’ve recently donate for the license in waiting for it , thanks for all , one question , software work properly on windows 7 ?
Yeah it does, just need to install the drivers included in the drivers subfolder.
Thanks for the cool work on the gun4ir setup and instructions Jaybee, all went without a hitch, (well so far!) I have to say I was nervous about permanently mounting the ir leds as it meant drilling the screen surround but I think it looks just fine, and yes I offset the side led's a bit on purpose as well as angling the outside top and side ones to gain a better accuracy.
Looks good don't ya think :)
Awesome to now have the light gun games available.
Thanks again.

Awesome, it looks great! Glad you are enjoying it  ;D

hassansardar

« Reply #955 on: January 06, 2022, 03:12:27 am »
Dear how can i donate you it says you cannot donate from this country please help ??? :'( :'(

atsumori

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 16, 2022, 03:47:54 am
« Reply #956 on: January 14, 2022, 11:03:21 pm »
Hi, I’m really interested in gun4IR but I’m wondering if somewhere there’s a guide or post that goes in more detail with how to setup a wireless solution for gun4iR?  I’m trying to figure out the best Bluetooth solution and how to wire up a rechargeable battery but I haven’t really worked with Arduino before so I’m not really sure where to start.

marcusandre

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 22, 2023, 08:32:53 am
« Reply #957 on: January 22, 2022, 10:08:27 pm »

[/quote]

Any update on this?
Wanna get yours or Samco, but pref Gun4ir, but the PCB is break or make kind of.
Great work!
Regards
Marcus

rbarr110

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 25, 2023, 04:02:41 pm
  • I already built my own arcade controls!
« Reply #958 on: January 25, 2022, 08:45:19 pm »
Is this a workable alternate to the DFrobot IR camera?  They claim it will be back in stock very soon.....
https://www.robotshop.com/en/ir-tracking-camera.html#product-reviews

Edit:  I may have answered my own questions, looking at some of the data sheets, it appears to have DFR in the part numbers, so it is likely a DFrobot camera.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 09:01:51 pm by rbarr110 »

rbarr110

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 25, 2023, 04:02:41 pm
  • I already built my own arcade controls!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2022, 07:27:29 pm by rbarr110 »